Skywatch Friday: Lake Isabel

Last weekend we ventured into the Colorado high country.


The weather was cold and damp, but we managed to get in a three mile hike around Lake Isabel.


Lake Isabel is a small reservoir that sits at 9,200 feet in the San Isabel National Forest near Rye, Colorado.


The aspen trees were just starting to get their leaves.  A beautiful place!

Comments

polcat24 said…
What it doesn't show is the number of people out fishing. But from our hike around the lake we only saw one person that had fish.
Karen said…
Very dramatic skies!
Joyful said…
Beautiful. I find it easier to walk when the weather is like this.
That looks like a beautiful lake to hike around. I think I might need to get used to the elevation first!
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
You got a cold but beautiful place!!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!