Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Yesterday I got to visit the recently completed Uncle Tom's Overlook along the Yellowstone River in Yellowstone National Park.


This is the first really good look I've ever had at the Upper Falls of the Yellowstone River.


These falls are almost as good as the Lower Falls.


After leaving the Upper Falls you go downstream for a mile or so to....


...Artist's Point which has the very best view of the Lower Falls (in my opinion).  In this location the view is perfect, so perfect that it look like a painting.


This is just one of the features of this Park that make it my heart and soul.  

Comments

Kayni said…
Wow, beautiful shots. I'd love to visit this one day.
Jim said…
Great shots.
s.c said…
So beautiful. I like it.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Nice shots Ellen.

We didn't make it to the Falls. As you know getting to that area of the park is drive from Jackson. Next time!!
Karen said…
What a terrific sight!
Wonderful photos. Such beautiful country!
These are wonderful shots of the majestic Yellowstone! The Artist's Point photo does look like a painting!
Klara said…
wonderful scenes and wonderful shots.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!