May Post #15: More Spring Cleaning


Yesterday I did a deep cleaning of my kitchen.  That wasn't my original intention, but I went in there to straighten up the kitchen and before I knew it I was cleaning out cupboards and drawers, cleaning the oven, and rearranging.  



I don't like much of anything on the counter tops so it felt good to have the clutter put away and organized.  


Today was grocery shopping day.  I get out several cookbooks and then compile a list of meals and groceries needed for the next four weeks or so.  Right now I'm in a Pioneer Woman phase so I go through her cookbooks and choose a variety of recipes and the required ingredients.  Going to the store with a detailed list makes it so easy.  I live in the middle of nowhere so delivery is not an option.



Maisy sits by my side and helps.  We still have chilly mornings so she's usually wrapped in a blanket.


After getting my list together I headed out to the RV to do some spring cleaning.  I expect to get the call any day that I'm needed in Yellowstone.  I'm in no hurry to get up there, but I want to be ready if needed.  I vacuumed up so many Miller Moths, but I also did catch and release with many others.  It's not their fault they were born a moth so I try to get as many as possible out the door to enjoy the rest of their lives.  Do other parts of the country have these Miller Moth migrations?

Later in the day I made my way to Hobby Lobby to buy some burnt umber paint.  Yes, that is an essential item if you're an artist.  I was among the few who actually wore a mask inside the store.  Why, why has this issue become a partisan issue?  I feel completely unsafe around people who are too ignorant to wear masks.  What I'd really like to know is...why doesn't the far right believe in science?  I'm sorry, but when I see people without masks all I can think is "ignorant redneck".

That's my exciting Friday in a nutshell.  How did you spend your day?




Comments

polcat24 said…
My wife can't hurt anything. If I ever die suspiciously you won't have to worry that it was her.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
The whole mask thing is frustrating. Ignorance is what it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!