May Post #10: Mother's Day
Today was the day to honor mothers. I will tell you that when you mother is no longer on this earth, it's a difficult day. I remember the year after my mother passed when I had to go by all the mother's day cards at the store knowing that I would never have the opportunity to send my mom a card again. It was tough.
My mom has been gone for 17 years and I've missed her every day since. Happy Mother's Day, Mom.
A few weeks ago Mary and I planned to spend the day hiking and picnicking on our new found urban mountain. We've been going there for the last few weeks and it's always fun to see the new blooms. I don't know what the above flowers are.
We found yet another new trail today.
We found a nice rock outcropping to have our picnic on. This guy decided to invite himself along. He came without gifts and made no contribution to the food. You would have thought it was father's day.
We had a full spread...chicken, salad, fruit, bread, and a delicious dessert that Mary made just for me.
Then we finished eating and hit the trail for the second half of the hike.
The best part of the day? Getting to talk with all my girls. I am so proud to be the mother of three beautiful, successful, and independent women!
Thanks to all my girls for making me feel special today.
And Irv, Mary and I will be joining you for something similar on Father's Day and we expect to be treated to a delicious lunch.





Comments