May Post #19: A Visit to the Garden
To get out of the house today we ventured to my favorite park in Colorado Springs--The Garden of the Gods.
This little cutie almost ran out in front of the car, but then changed his mind and just posed for a photo on the side of the road. We saw four deer today, two in the park and two alongside the road.
Can someone please tell me how these trees grown on the rocks?
It was a very warm day by Colorado standards anyway...about 82 degrees. As usual, not a lot of people on the trail we normally go on.
I've always seen evidence of horses on the trail, but this is the first time we actually passed one. I'm not sure I'd ever trust either of our horses to go on this rocky trail.
If you hike with me you have to be very patient about the number of times I stop to take photos.
There was a picnic once we reached my favorite spot on the trail. It has fantastic views and great rocks to sit on.
Maisy got a picnic break too and actually drank some water (she hardly ever does that when we're on a trail.)
There's the Kissing Camels rock formation. Do you see it?
Here's a few further back.
We veered off our usual path and found some stairs to climb. Kinda like a very small version of the Manitou Incline which has been closed due the virus. I found out today that I really do need my gym to reopen.
It was a fun 3 1/2 miles even if it was slightly warm. We finished right before the wind picked up and the skies started to look ominous. Maisy has been sleeping every since we got home.
What's your favorite place to hike?










Comments