May Post #30: Outfitting the Squire for Battle
I got my official notification a couple days ago. I'll be headed up to Yellowstone in a week (this time it's for real). Every employee in Yellowstone this summer has to have a private bedroom and their own bathroom. In the event that someone comes down with the Covid they will have a place to isolate themselves. As you might imagine, this is causing a severe housing shortage. Those of us who bring our own house along are getting to arrive a little sooner than others.
Anyway, I should have been packing the trailer, but instead I decided to do some sewing.
The sewing machine came out of mothballs for the many face masks I've sewn recently. Now to tackle a bigger project. At last year's Deed of Arms Irv had to wear Mr. Beans' outfit. Let's just say it was not a pretty sight.
I started with the shirt. Irv serves as Mr. Bean's squire during battle. He can only wear simple clothing, typically a white shirt and black pants.
Today I got the pants done. Because of the Covid there isn't going to be a Deed of Arms this summer. If some other competition comes up Irv will be all set to serve his master. Except for the shoes...what kind of shoes or boots does a squire wear? I think he needs a pair of tights too. Who thinks Irv will actually put on tights?
Anyone out there have any medieval shoes Irv could borrow?



Comments