May Post #23: Leaves!

Hey, look everyone...the trees on the high plains of Colorado are beginning to have leaves!


Hard to see, but there's some green on those lower limbs.


This guy also has some leaves on a couple of the lower limbs.  I'm trying to have faith that the upper part of the tree will still leaf out.  There's a robin's nest way up there.


The birch tree in the front yard looks much better.  The willow in the background doesn't have a single leaf...maybe it didn't survive the winter.


Most exciting are the irises which are about to blossom.  I know for many of you that your irises bloomed a month or two ago.  Here in the high country things take longer.


The weeds are in full bloom and this particular one is very pretty so I'm leaving it.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!