The big day!

We're so proud of our son-in-law.  Today he was promoted to Staff Sergeant. 


Brian is such a humble guy that he's probably embarrassed to be the subject of my blog, but since I couldn't attend the ceremony I have to let him know how much he impresses me.  I feel awful about not being there...I didn't know what time the ceremony was until after it was already done.  Sorry Brian.

 
Jillian was there to pin on the new rank--actually these days it's just a matter of sticking the new rank on with Velcro.
 
 
 
Brian's co-worker was also there to help with the pinning ceremony.  She's a great gal who we had the pleasure of getting to know this past weekend.  She's now an official member of our family.  I think she's about a foot and a half shorter than Brian (but every bit as mighty).
 
 
 
 
I love the tradition of military ceremonies.  There's something comforting to know that things haven't changed that much throughout the years.  History, tradition, pomp and circumstance...it's part of what makes our country so grand.
 
 
Congrats Brian! 
I'm pretty sure there isn't anything you can't accomplish if you set your mind to it. 
Our daughter chose well!
Our country is in lucky to have you!
Irv and I are even luckier to have you as a son.
 



Comments

polcat24 said…
Yes it was a nice ceremony. Things like this make a man miss being in the military a little.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!