Christmas Toys
We had a nice quiet day at home today. I finally had a chance to "play" with some of my new Christmas toys.
Dana and Adam gave us a "Petite Pizzeria".
On the way home from church I stopped and bought the makings for a turkey Alfredo pizza (good way to use up the last of the leftover turkey).
Started by sprinkling a little olive oil on the crust.
After lunch we watched some of the Olympic trials while we waited for the Broncos and Chiefs games. I also pulled out my new knitting needles and Knitting 101 book that Jillian and Brian gave me. I decided to try my first "knitting in the round" project by making a hat with some leftover yarn.
and here's the finished product. Not too bad for a first try, but I'm going to have to find a pattern that will fit...
Once I knew the Broncos were undoubtedly going to win the game I pulled out another toy--my new Shark steam cleaner that Mary and Mr. Beans gave me. Watch out white linoleum in the mud room...I finally have something that is going to get you clean enough for Ellen's standards. (By the way, who puts white linoleum in a mud room?)
Dana and Adam gave us a "Petite Pizzeria".
On the way home from church I stopped and bought the makings for a turkey Alfredo pizza (good way to use up the last of the leftover turkey).
Started by sprinkling a little olive oil on the crust.
My kids really spoiled me this Christmas. I am a very lucky mom! Thank you all so much for the awesome "toys".
I'm not at all ready to go back to work tomorrow. Since it's only day 5 of the 12 days of Christmas, I think we all need another week of vacation. At least we only have to work 2 days before another holiday rolls around. It has been such a gift to have time off from work these last few days and to spend time with family to celebrate the glorious gift that God gave us with the birth of His son, Jesus Christ.
"To us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon His shoulder. And His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Sing to the Lord a new song, for He has done marvelous things."
Comments