A Savior has been born to you!

I love Christmas trees!  I love simple, old-fashioned, homemade ornaments.  We've collected a lot over the years and here's a few of my favorites.

One of my best friends in Wisconsin, Vicki, always surprises me with wonderful, hand made glass items at Christmas.  This is an ornament from a couple years ago.


Irv and I bought this one on our first trip to Alaska.

 
 
Vicki and I went on a girl's trip to New York a few years ago and she surprised me with an ornament of the Statue of Liberty torch.  Love it!


When we lived in Germany we bought some straw ornaments that I love because they are so simple.


This is also one of my favorites.  I don't remember where it came from--I think it might actually belong to Jillian.
 
 
Each of my girls has an ornament from when they were young.  This is Jillian when she was just a wee baby.  Seems like yesterday.

 
My boss at my previous job gave me this cowgirl ornament.  She is among my top favorites and always gets a spot in the front of the tree.
 
 
Many, many years ago my MIL made me a set of ceramic ornaments of the nativity.  I love the entire set, but baby Jesus is my most favorite. After all, it's His birth that we celebrate on Christmas Day.


An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.  But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.  Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.  This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."  Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,  "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."  Luke 2:9-14

What's your favorite ornament or Christmas decoration?
 
Merry Christmas!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Nice ornaments. I'm trying to figure out why your posts don't show up on my blogger feed consistently.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!