Treasures
On Monday we're having laminate flooring installed in our living and dining rooms. That will leave us with only two rooms with carpeting--the master bedroom and office.
We were going to get rid of all the carpeting, but decided to leave it in the bedroom and attached office so that we would have a chance of sleeping at night. (The dog's toenails make a lot of noise when they're running on the laminate.)
So we have to move everything out of the two rooms where the laminate is being installed. It's almost as good as moving every three years because everything has to be cleaned out!
I'm going through all the drawers and cabinets and getting rid of stuff. We have really accumulated a lot of "stuff" over 34 years of marriage.
I found a lot of treasures and also a lot of things that I don't know why I've kept.
Like these green and gold table coverings that were leftover from Jillian's graduation from CSU. Is there a need to keep these?
Maybe someone will give me a party when I graduate from CSU next year so I better hang on to them.
What about this recorder? I remember taking Dana to buy this way back when we lived in Alabama. Mary and Jillian used it too, I think.
Here's one of my vikings that I bought in Denmark almost 20 years ago. I'm of Danish descent which makes me part viking so I have to keep this. I had two of them, but the dog chewed the other one up several years ago and it was missing its face and one horn. You'll be glad to know I threw that one away tonight!
A can of foreign money from places like Germany, Canada, Mexico, Great Britain, and Czechoslovakia. You never know when you might need foreign coins.
A camel pin from when Irv was gone to Desert Storm. That was an emotional time, I have to keep this.
Pieces of the Berlin Wall that Irv and I chipped off with my mom and dad.
Keira's choke collar from puppy training.

Various artwork that the Mary and Jillian crafted over the years.

The mantle clock that I purchased in Prague. It says "made in the USSR". The USSR doesn't exist anymore, how can I get rid of this?
A photo of my precious little nephew (and his parents). He's a teenage now--where did the time go?

My matchbook collection. (Okay, maybe it's time to get rid of this.)

A bag of Jillian's horse show ribbons. I can't get rid of these, she's planning to make a quilt with all her ribbons. Jillian, these are yours next time you come over.
A sheet of WSU Shocker stickers. Why do I have these? Dana is a WSU alumni, maybe she wants these....and then again, maybe not.

A metronome. I have no musical ability. This also needs to go to Jillian.
I found these photos in the drawer with the stamps. Why there were in there is a mystery.
This is Mary's newborn picture and when she was about two years old. You can't see it very well, but in the newborn picture she's wearing a disposable shirt. Leave it to the US Army to put my baby in a disposable shirt and take a picture her which I actually purchased.

Speaking of old pictures, here's Dana. I think this is her 80s look.
I must be a candle hoarder. I found a bag of candles and...

a box of candles. A lifetime supply I think.

I have china, crystal, wine glasses, vases, silver, and all kinds of serving dishes covering my kitchen counters right now. As an officer's wife I used to host coffees and teas quite regularly. I don't have too much of a need for this stuff anymore.
I need to give Mary this deviled egg plate. She's our official deviled egg maker.
Well, those are just some of the treasures I discovered tonight. My house is a disaster area. It's going to look great with the new floors...
I just wonder if three days before a holiday was the best time to have my house torn apart.
We were going to get rid of all the carpeting, but decided to leave it in the bedroom and attached office so that we would have a chance of sleeping at night. (The dog's toenails make a lot of noise when they're running on the laminate.)
So we have to move everything out of the two rooms where the laminate is being installed. It's almost as good as moving every three years because everything has to be cleaned out!
I'm going through all the drawers and cabinets and getting rid of stuff. We have really accumulated a lot of "stuff" over 34 years of marriage.
I found a lot of treasures and also a lot of things that I don't know why I've kept.
Maybe someone will give me a party when I graduate from CSU next year so I better hang on to them.
What about this recorder? I remember taking Dana to buy this way back when we lived in Alabama. Mary and Jillian used it too, I think.
Here's one of my vikings that I bought in Denmark almost 20 years ago. I'm of Danish descent which makes me part viking so I have to keep this. I had two of them, but the dog chewed the other one up several years ago and it was missing its face and one horn. You'll be glad to know I threw that one away tonight!
A can of foreign money from places like Germany, Canada, Mexico, Great Britain, and Czechoslovakia. You never know when you might need foreign coins.
Pieces of the Berlin Wall that Irv and I chipped off with my mom and dad.
Various artwork that the Mary and Jillian crafted over the years.
The mantle clock that I purchased in Prague. It says "made in the USSR". The USSR doesn't exist anymore, how can I get rid of this?
A photo of my precious little nephew (and his parents). He's a teenage now--where did the time go?
My matchbook collection. (Okay, maybe it's time to get rid of this.)
A bag of Jillian's horse show ribbons. I can't get rid of these, she's planning to make a quilt with all her ribbons. Jillian, these are yours next time you come over.
A sheet of WSU Shocker stickers. Why do I have these? Dana is a WSU alumni, maybe she wants these....and then again, maybe not.
A metronome. I have no musical ability. This also needs to go to Jillian.
This is Mary's newborn picture and when she was about two years old. You can't see it very well, but in the newborn picture she's wearing a disposable shirt. Leave it to the US Army to put my baby in a disposable shirt and take a picture her which I actually purchased.
Speaking of old pictures, here's Dana. I think this is her 80s look.
I must be a candle hoarder. I found a bag of candles and...
a box of candles. A lifetime supply I think.
I have china, crystal, wine glasses, vases, silver, and all kinds of serving dishes covering my kitchen counters right now. As an officer's wife I used to host coffees and teas quite regularly. I don't have too much of a need for this stuff anymore.
I need to give Mary this deviled egg plate. She's our official deviled egg maker.
Well, those are just some of the treasures I discovered tonight. My house is a disaster area. It's going to look great with the new floors...
I just wonder if three days before a holiday was the best time to have my house torn apart.
Comments