Achievement Awards

On Sunday afternoon I was summoned to our county's 4-H achievement awards.  I've been involved with 4-H for many years, but the last five years or so I have only been involved at the state level--state horse advisory committee and superintendent of the state horse bowl contest although I do help with some of the county horse shows and judging contest. 

I only know a handful of the 4-H kids in our county anymore.

Jillian was there to present her livestock bowl kids with certificates and to recruit new team members.  I'm very proud that Jillian has joined our county's horse advisory committee. I served on that committee for a couple years and before me, Irv was a member. A family tradition! I think it's awesome that Jillian is giving back to the 4-H program that gave her so much.

The awards went on for what seemed like hours, but it was a good thing that Jillian and I stayed until the end. 

Our county extension agent presented me and a couple other leaders with an Outstanding Leader award.  He gave us a very beautiful wooden pen and pencil set.  I was very honored and will cherish it forever.

This has only fueled a thought that has been going around in my head lately.  Wouldn't it be great to start coaching and working with 4-Hers again?  I really miss those kids!  I really have a bond with some of my 4-Hers, especially daughter #4, Tiffy.

The only problem is that I need kids to coach.  If I were to coach kids from a neighboring county would that make me a traitor?

Maybe.


The 4-H Pledge:
I pledge:
My HEAD to clearer thinking,
My HEART to greater loyalty,
My HANDS to larger service,
My HEALTH to better living,
For my club, my community, my country, and my world.

Comments

Emily said…
Well deserved Ellen!
polcat24 said…
Yes, I'm very proud of what she does for 4-H.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!