Holiday festival
On Saturday Jillian and I ventured out to the 13th annual Holiday Gift and Food Festival. It was the first time either of us had been to the festival and I was expecting great things.
I had the goal of buying lots of unique and wonderful gifts.
Well, it didn't exactly turn out that way. For me, it turned out to be more of a FOOD festival than a gift festival.
We bought lots of chili seasoning, red pepper jam, and dip dressing mix from Chugwater Chili, a company based in Wyoming. Yum, yum, yum...they are so smart to give out samples. My favorite was the red pepper jam mixed with cream cheese and served with crackers. Jillian's favorite was the dip dressing mix.
You have to follow a salty snack with something sweet, right? Next stop was Deedee Desserts and their no-bake cheesecake mixes.
Delicious! My favorite was the Grasshopper. Jillian liked the caramel apple and of course I had to get strawberry for my sweetie.
Then we came upon d'Marie's Frappe Vino--a wine slushee mix. They also had free samples.
Needless to say I bought a few boxes and couldn't wait to get home to mix up a batch.
After stopping at Safeway to load up on cream cheese, crackers, Fritos, and whipped cream, I dropped Jillian off and headed home.
Here's what you need to make a wine slushee:
1 bottle of wine
1 1/2 bottles water
1 box Frappe Vino
1 gallon size Ziploc
I chose a nice bottle of Australian Shiraz. Now to wait for it to freeze.
I thought they had a genius marketing technique. Each box of mix had a wine glass charm attached.
And the back of the charm has the company's website (http://www.dmarieinc.com/). Very smart...it's highly unlikely I would have remembered the name of the company without this help.
24 hours have passed, Irv is at work and although I don't normally sit home alone and drink, tonight I'm making an exception.
Very refreshing...I think this is one of my new favorite things.
I may not have bought gifts for anyone else, but my stomach is very happy.
Cheers!
I had the goal of buying lots of unique and wonderful gifts.
Well, it didn't exactly turn out that way. For me, it turned out to be more of a FOOD festival than a gift festival.
We bought lots of chili seasoning, red pepper jam, and dip dressing mix from Chugwater Chili, a company based in Wyoming. Yum, yum, yum...they are so smart to give out samples. My favorite was the red pepper jam mixed with cream cheese and served with crackers. Jillian's favorite was the dip dressing mix.
You have to follow a salty snack with something sweet, right? Next stop was Deedee Desserts and their no-bake cheesecake mixes.
Delicious! My favorite was the Grasshopper. Jillian liked the caramel apple and of course I had to get strawberry for my sweetie.
Then we came upon d'Marie's Frappe Vino--a wine slushee mix. They also had free samples.
Needless to say I bought a few boxes and couldn't wait to get home to mix up a batch.
After stopping at Safeway to load up on cream cheese, crackers, Fritos, and whipped cream, I dropped Jillian off and headed home.
Here's what you need to make a wine slushee:
1 bottle of wine
1 1/2 bottles water
1 box Frappe Vino
1 gallon size Ziploc
I chose a nice bottle of Australian Shiraz. Now to wait for it to freeze.
I thought they had a genius marketing technique. Each box of mix had a wine glass charm attached.
And the back of the charm has the company's website (http://www.dmarieinc.com/). Very smart...it's highly unlikely I would have remembered the name of the company without this help.
24 hours have passed, Irv is at work and although I don't normally sit home alone and drink, tonight I'm making an exception.
Very refreshing...I think this is one of my new favorite things.
I may not have bought gifts for anyone else, but my stomach is very happy.
Cheers!
Comments