A Day at the Theatre

The Lion King touring company is currently in Denver.  We had tickets for today's matinee performance.  It was supposed to be Irv, Mr. Beans, and I, but  Irv kindly gave up his ticket so Mary could go with Mr. Beans and I. 

Who knew Mary had a desire to see a Broadway show?

What a good looking mother and son!



Of course before the theatre you have to have a good meal.  Since Irv wasn't with us I took Mary and Mr. Beans to a "foo-foo" place.   Mr. Beans was hoping for Taco Bell.  Darn, I couldn't find one.

I had the roast leg of lamb with cucumber pita.











Mary made a safe choice with the baked mac and cheese.









Mr. Beans enjoyed brunch with French toast and bacon.

It was all very delicious!  (Except for Mr. Beans' bacon which wasn't crispy enough and they forgot to leave the berries off his plate.  Now he may die.)

(Why is it that people who blog take pictures of everything including their food?)


The best part of the meal, for Mary and I anyway, was the glass of Riesling.










We talked a stranger into taking our photo outside the theatre.










Then we got yelled at by the usher for taking pictures inside the theatre (everything is copyrighted).









We blamed it all on Mr. Beans.  He was the one actually caught red-handed with the camera.  Shame on you, Mr. Beans.










After the show we made a pit stop which Mr. Beans was not very happy about.

IKEA!

The Denver IKEA opened in July, but I had not dared stop there until today.

I have to say, my memories of IKEA in Phoenix and Chicago were much better than today's experience.  We were in and out of there in less than an hour and I left very few dollars there. 


I think we need to go back without Mr. Beans, he's not much of shopper.

It was a great day in Denver!

Tomorrow after work I'm looking forward to putting my house back together after the new flooring is installed.  I am not at peace when my house is in disarray!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Lion King is great. Your dinner is great. Yep, bloggers take pics of everything, especially their smart cool pretty daughters and handsome grandsons.

I didn't care much for IKEA but it was a great place to take a camera.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!