What's your sign?
Today I was reading an article about the 2011 horoscope change. Apparently the earth's axis has changed during the last 3,000 years (who knew?) and the Ophiuchus constellation has become part of the zodiac signs. The Ophiuchus zodiac sign, or serpent holder, is for people born between November 29th and December 17th. So all the zodiac signs have shifted and displaced people who were comfortable in their familiar signs. So, if you choose to go with this new zodiac chart here are the new date ranges:
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11
Pisces: March 11-April 18
Aries: April 18-May 13
Taurus: May 13-June 21
Gemini: June 21-July 20
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23-Nov 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20
So Jillian and I are the only ones in our immediate family whose signs stayed the same--Mary is now a Capricorn, Dana is a Gemini, and Irv is a Cancer. Will this totally change who they are, how they look at themselves, the decisions they make, the careers they choose, or the mates they choose? What about people like my SIL who is now an Ophiuchus...how do you even say that?
This is almost as cataclysmic as when they removed Pluto as a planet. Western astrologers don't accept these new zodiacs so it's up to you which zodiac chart you use. Stay with the familiar or go with something new?
(I hope you know I'm kidding--I think horoscopes are only for entertainment and this article was very entertaining.)
Things are looking up in the Colorado arctic. Yesterday our high was -2 and today it was +2. Last night when I got home the hot water wouldn't come on. With the wind chill it was about 35 to 40 below. I called Irv and asked him what he thought that meant hoping it was something other than I already knew--our water pipes were frozen. When Irv got home around 9:30 he went to work in the crawl space and warmed up the pipes. We left all the faucets on and about 4:00 this morning I awoke to the flow of running water-hot water! Yay for Irv! He's my hero again.
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11
Pisces: March 11-April 18
Aries: April 18-May 13
Taurus: May 13-June 21
Gemini: June 21-July 20
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23-Nov 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20
So Jillian and I are the only ones in our immediate family whose signs stayed the same--Mary is now a Capricorn, Dana is a Gemini, and Irv is a Cancer. Will this totally change who they are, how they look at themselves, the decisions they make, the careers they choose, or the mates they choose? What about people like my SIL who is now an Ophiuchus...how do you even say that?
This is almost as cataclysmic as when they removed Pluto as a planet. Western astrologers don't accept these new zodiacs so it's up to you which zodiac chart you use. Stay with the familiar or go with something new?
(I hope you know I'm kidding--I think horoscopes are only for entertainment and this article was very entertaining.)
Things are looking up in the Colorado arctic. Yesterday our high was -2 and today it was +2. Last night when I got home the hot water wouldn't come on. With the wind chill it was about 35 to 40 below. I called Irv and asked him what he thought that meant hoping it was something other than I already knew--our water pipes were frozen. When Irv got home around 9:30 he went to work in the crawl space and warmed up the pipes. We left all the faucets on and about 4:00 this morning I awoke to the flow of running water-hot water! Yay for Irv! He's my hero again.

Comments
We had the same trouble with our pipes :( Can't wait to be in the 30's tomorrow...heat wave!!!
If it makes you feel any better Mom - it's finally warmed up here and I'm finally getting a bit of summer! :)
Good old Irv. He can do anything. He's the Marlboro man of Colorado.
Stay warm.