Decisions, Decisions, Decisions
It's a beautiful morning in Colorado. As usual, Pikes Peak was looking especially majestic early this morning when I was out feeding the horses. Notice the lack of snow on the plains.
It's a good thing I had a good nights sleep last night. Jillian, Brian, and I (mostly Jillian and Brian) have to make a ton of decisions today. The restaurant has a one page checklist we're going over today to decide the menu, the bar options, the decorations, the table arrangement, etc., etc., etc.
After that we're meeting with the musicians to choose the music--processional, bridal march, mid-ceremony, and recessional. I was supposed to do my homework and listen to all the choices before the meeting. I guess I'll have to start on that next unless I can find something else to put it off.
Then Jillian and I need to go to Hobby Lobby because their wedding stuff is on sale through today. I dragged Irv there last night and made him stroll through every aisle for about an hour. I love Hobby Lobby and could have stayed for another hour. Today I'll go back with Jillian and we can spend as long as we want there.
Dana finished the invitations to Jillian's bridal shower this week. Although she's in Australia, Dana was able to design the invitations, send them to Kinkos, and have them delivered to me at work. How did we ever survive without the internet?
Speaking of Dana, earlier this week I mentioned that my two favorite bloggers were Yogi, my brother, and the Pioneer Woman. What I meant to say is that my two favorite blogs are Yogi's Den and Dana of Oz, followed closely by the Pioneer Woman.
There are only 98 days left until the wedding. Jillian got the final proof of the invitations yesterday and they are incredible! All the major things have been arranged--ceremony and reception sites, florist, muscians, DJ, dress, hair appointments, invitations, shower, etc. The only thing that hasn't cooperated is the U.S. Army. Brian's unit is deploying to Wyoming for the month of May. Fortunately, Brian and his groomsmen have been excused from the exercise, but that means a lot of Brian's friends won't be at the wedding. I don't understand why people get so frazzled as a wedding draws near. If everything is taken care of well in advance, why can't the experience just be enjoyed? I plan to enjoy it.
I have to go listen to some Bach, Pachelbel, Wagner, and George Harrison now. Wish me luck.
It's a good thing I had a good nights sleep last night. Jillian, Brian, and I (mostly Jillian and Brian) have to make a ton of decisions today. The restaurant has a one page checklist we're going over today to decide the menu, the bar options, the decorations, the table arrangement, etc., etc., etc.
After that we're meeting with the musicians to choose the music--processional, bridal march, mid-ceremony, and recessional. I was supposed to do my homework and listen to all the choices before the meeting. I guess I'll have to start on that next unless I can find something else to put it off.
Then Jillian and I need to go to Hobby Lobby because their wedding stuff is on sale through today. I dragged Irv there last night and made him stroll through every aisle for about an hour. I love Hobby Lobby and could have stayed for another hour. Today I'll go back with Jillian and we can spend as long as we want there.
Dana finished the invitations to Jillian's bridal shower this week. Although she's in Australia, Dana was able to design the invitations, send them to Kinkos, and have them delivered to me at work. How did we ever survive without the internet?
Speaking of Dana, earlier this week I mentioned that my two favorite bloggers were Yogi, my brother, and the Pioneer Woman. What I meant to say is that my two favorite blogs are Yogi's Den and Dana of Oz, followed closely by the Pioneer Woman.
There are only 98 days left until the wedding. Jillian got the final proof of the invitations yesterday and they are incredible! All the major things have been arranged--ceremony and reception sites, florist, muscians, DJ, dress, hair appointments, invitations, shower, etc. The only thing that hasn't cooperated is the U.S. Army. Brian's unit is deploying to Wyoming for the month of May. Fortunately, Brian and his groomsmen have been excused from the exercise, but that means a lot of Brian's friends won't be at the wedding. I don't understand why people get so frazzled as a wedding draws near. If everything is taken care of well in advance, why can't the experience just be enjoyed? I plan to enjoy it.
I have to go listen to some Bach, Pachelbel, Wagner, and George Harrison now. Wish me luck.
Comments
Durn US Army!