That can't be right...

My new shoe tower
This weekend I had to face a truth about myself--I own 78 pairs of shoes.  Shoes had overtaken our closet so Irv offered to put up a closet organizer to hold all my shoes.  To make sure he got the right size I had to count my shoes and to my horror, I had 78 PAIRS of shoes.  Wow!  That is ridicules!

Since then I have donated 25 pairs so I'm down to 53 pair of shoes.  That is still ridicules.  Of course this includes 5 pairs of Western boots in various colors, 5 pairs of gym shoes, 3 pairs of hiking boots, and 2 pairs of snow boots.  So you see--it's really not so bad. 

Good grief--no more new shoes for me except for the champagne-colored shoes that I need to find to go with my dress for Jillian's wedding.  After that, no more new shoes for at least six months. 

The really sad part is that even though I have all these shoes, I can't find my favorite pair of black heels.  I sure hope I didn't leave them in the hotel in Wichita.

I gave Irv the top two rows of the shoe tower to hold 10 of his 11 pairs of shoes.  Seems fair to me, that gives hime a place to store all of the shoes he's not wearing.  And by the way, Irv owns 3 pairs of Western boots too.

The overflow shoe tower
 I don't know if I can do it.  Does this make me a shoe hoarder?



















"Mom, why are you in the closet for so long?"

Here's Keira checking on me while I was in the closet putting all my shoes away.

Comments

Dana of Oz said…
I don't think there's anything wrong with owning that many pairs of shoes so long as you wear them all. I think I have around 50 pairs with me here (urgh! I actually didn't realize it was that many) plus I still have some in Arizona but I'll probably get rid of those when I move back.

I read an article once that buys shoes not only triggers the happy horomone like when you buy clothes but it has a longer term effect as well b/c it triggers the same part of the brain as collectors. So really, it isn't a bad thing.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Well let me see, I have a pair of brown work shoes, black work shoes, my geocaching boots, two pairs of toe shoes, one pair of running shoes and a pair of racquetball shoes. So I have a good start toward overtaking you.
No cowboy boots though.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!