No cave diving for me!
Irv and I went to see Sanctum this afternoon. Sanctum is a James Cameron movie about a group of explorers who get caught in an underground cave in New Guinea during a cyclone. It was an okay movie with a few disturbing scenes especially if you're a scuba diver. In the past Irv has mentioned that he would like to go cave diving, but that is something that has never appealed to me. This movie just reaffirmed my opinion of the things that could happen during a cave dive, I'll never do it.
The film was inspired by a similiar experience that a group of divers had at the Nullarbor Plain in Australia twenty years ago. All those divers got out safely.
![]() |
| Ellen ascending to the surface |
The film was inspired by a similiar experience that a group of divers had at the Nullarbor Plain in Australia twenty years ago. All those divers got out safely.
![]() |
Ellen NOT touching part of the reef |
The movie reminded me of our trip to the Great Barrier Reef almost two years ago. It was incredibly beautiful. We have some pictures, but they don't come even close to showing the beauty found underwater. I thought I'd share a few of them.
It makes me want to go back to Australia and do it again. One of our next trips will be to Hawaii when the hump back whales are there. I've been told they are very curious and will come check out divers. You can also hear them communicating underwater. Maybe next year.
| Giant Clam |
| Irv |





Comments