Skywatch Friday: Colorado State

We made our annual trip up to Fort Collins, Colorado this week.

You see about seven years ago I was asked to "help" with the State 4-H Horse Bowl Contest that is held at the 4-H State Conference on the Colorado State University campus.  My "help" turned into being superintendent for the contest several years ago and now I don't know how I'll ever get out of that job.


Horse Bowl is a Jeopardy-style quiz game where teams compete against each other for the State Champion title.  All the questions are horse related.  Winning at state qualifies the team to compete at the national contest in January.  Sorry I don't have any photos, but cameras aren't allowed at a horse bowl contest.

I have a whole crew of volunteers who "help" me with the contest, but none of them want to take over.   I'm not surprised.  The 4-H Extension Agent that I planned to hand it over to just told me that she's expecting a baby in October.  Oh well, so much for that idea.  As a 4-H volunteer I could just say I'm done, but I'm proud of what the state contest has become and I don't want to hand it over to just anyone so sorry Irv, but I think I'm committed for another year.  That's okay though because I was brought up to give back to community and this keeps me involved with 4-H.

Anyway, I just want to share some pictures of the Colorado State University campus.  It is without a doubt the most beautiful campus on earth!

 
This is the "Oval".  These trees are amazing!  This is my favorite spot on campus.

 
The Admissions Building.  I love the old architecture.
 
 
How old do you think these trees are?

 
Go Rams!

 
The Student Center is still under construction.  It's been this way for over a year.  I hope they'll be done when we go back next June.

 
We checked out the Rec Center.  All I can say is wow!  Apparently it is ranked as one of the top best university rec centers in the country.


Bicycles everywhere!
 
I took Irv on a walking tour of the campus because we have to get our daily steps in.  It is so green and beautiful that I wish I were 30-some years younger so that I could go to college again.  Jillian was a lucky girl to get to go to school here.
 
 

Comments

The job that keeps on giving! Looks like a very pretty campus.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
That is a beautiful campus!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!