Back to normal

Remember last week when I told you my life was in disarray because of the new carpeting we were having installed?  This weekend instead of running in a 5K or 10K I knew we needed to have a working weekend.


This was the mess I had to look at for an entire week--my life was out of whack and I literally did not sleep more than a couple hours per night.

Well, this weekend Irv was working, but I knew I had to do something about this mess.  On Friday night we went to Lowe's and picked out paint colors.  Then at the crack of dawn on Saturday about 5:00 a.m. I got to work (I'll tell you why so early a little later on).





Goodbye horrible white walls!  I painted by myself for about 12 hours on Saturday.  The only time I left the house all day was to run to Lowe's for another quart of purple paint.  (Yes, purple.)  I only fell off the ladder once--my mind thought I was only on the second rung of the ladder when I was actually on the third rung.  That last step down was a dandy.  Luckily, the only ones there to witness my grace were the dogs.  They did come over to check on me to make sure I was okay.  I was grateful for their concern while I laid on the floor making sure all my body parts were still intact.  Ouch!

I was exhausted by the time Irv got home and I swore I wasn't going to paint on Sunday.  Then I woke up on Sunday and realized that if I didn't get to work that mess was going to be there for another week.  Okay, I'll paint until noon, then I'm quitting.  Well, I actually painted until 1:30 when I ran out of paint.  I wasn't going to make another run to Lowe's so Irv will have to finish the one unpainted wall on Friday.

Sunday was a lot easier because Irv's "cave" is much smaller than our bedroom.  I also had help.  I taught Sophie how to climb the ladder so she hung out with me on the top rung while I painted.



So here's the story about why I was awake at 4:30 a.m. on Saturday.  We were sleeping in the guest room and Irv had just left for work.  I heard this scurrying under my bed and I knew it was more than the usual kitten play.  I jumped up and looked under the bed just in time to see a tiny mouse scurrying across the floor with Sophie in chase.  When we moved into our house almost 10 years ago we had a mouse problem, but within months Orkin had taken care of the problem and we haven't seen a mouse or evidence of a mouse since then.  In the last week we've caught Sophie with three mice.  The Orkin guy was out last week and couldn't find any signs of mice in the house.  Sophie has taken to sneaking out the dog door and we're pretty sure she's catching them and bringing them in.  Luckily, I'm not a woman who is afraid of mice so with Sophie's and the dog's help we hunted down that mouse on Saturday morning.  Since I was wide awake by 5:00 a.m. I decided I may as well get to work.  I'm now looking into an electronic dog door so that Sophie can't sneak outside anymore.  I'm afraid one of these days she's going to bring a snake in and then I will have to move.

So here's our finished bedroom.  I still have to hang things back on the wall.  I love my purple wall!  Yay!  I can sleep again!






Irv's room is coming along too.  As you can see the computer is set up again.  It may take a little prodding to get the rest of the stuff put away.



The living room is almost back to normal.  I need to borrow the dolly from work again to get the gun safe moved.  Who doesn't have a gun safe in the middle of their living room?


So I'm already signed up for a 5K next Saturday.  I'd rather be outside running/walking anytime than stuck in the house working all weekend.

How was your weekend?



Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Wow, great job. That dang Sophie!!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!