A horse of many colors


Recently someone told me that I was becoming a "lazy" blogger.  Hmmm...I don't think they realize how hard it is to come up with a blog subject day after day.  I do much better than my blogging daughters who only come up with an idea every few months, or worse once a year (and you know who I'm referring to).

So today's blog is about my most recently finished (or near finished) painting.

 
Here's my inspiration.  It's a painting at work that I really like, but keep in mind that I'm not trying to recreate it, I'm creating my own version of it.
 
 
Of course you have to start with a sketch.  This took a whole day.
 
 
Then add a background.  I wanted a turquoise background because in case you didn't know, turquoise is my all-time favorite color.

 
Then add color.  Keep in mind that I'm an impressionist so an orange, red, yellow, and purple horse on a turquoise background is not unreasonable.  I wish I would have stopped at this point.  I really like the coloring on his face and I like the background too, but no....


...my teacher made me tone down the colors and the background.  I also added some shading so he didn't look like he was floating in a pool of turquoise.

I actually really like my horse...it looks much better in person than this photo portrays.  However, I'm not completely happy with it yet.  I need to add some watermarks to accent his muscling, then it will be done.  Maybe.  Maybe I need to reshape his head to how it used to be with a jibbah and dished face so he had the beauty and grace of an Arabian.  Maybe, maybe, maybe.

What do you think and please be kind...this is only my second attempt at painting.


Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Hey, who called you lazy!!

I love your horse. It is fabulous.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!