A family that runs together
I realize everyone is probably getting tired of the running stories and photographs, but oh well, here's another one.
On Saturday we participated in the Veterans Home Run at Memorial Park in downtown Colorado Springs.
It was a beautiful day for a run/walk. This flag might suggest the wind was blowing, but no, it was a little chilly but perfectly calm morning.
We started out at the back of the pack. That's Jillian on the left in the pink shoes. In addition to the 5K there was a 3K walk going on also. We lost most of these people at the turn for the second lap around the lake.
Here are the leaders lapping us on our second lap around the lake. At least we got a mile completed before the lapping started.
I always have to take a picture of runners who carry flags even if they are lapping me. I love the patriotism!
My legs were weighing me down from the start line at this race. I think the Thursday evening run probably wasn't a good idea, or maybe I didn't train enough last week. It's hard to know if you did too much or not enough. I knew the time would be slow, but I enjoyed the scenery and conversation with Mary.
After the 10K a couple weeks ago this 5K seemed very easy. It wasn't long until we found two familiar faces near the finish line. Yes, they left us in the dust from the very beginning.
Irv took the camera from me at this point and apparently he wanted a picture of his new shoe.
Here's Mary and I coming across the finish line. I think we were dead last. This was a race hosted by a local running club and it was definitely for serious runners, not walkers who are just out to enjoy the beautiful morning and scenery.
Then it was out to breakfast at one of our favorite diners. All Mr. Beans wanted was a cup of coffee. Is there anything wrong with letting our 13-year old grandson order coffee? If this is the worst thing he wants to try then I think he's doing okay.
We don't have anymore runs scheduled at the moment. My t-shirt collection is becoming vast and I need to find something to do with all of them. I was going to find a race to do on July 4th, but I think we'll just go climb a mountain instead.
Hope y'all had a good weekend too!
On Saturday we participated in the Veterans Home Run at Memorial Park in downtown Colorado Springs.
It was a beautiful day for a run/walk. This flag might suggest the wind was blowing, but no, it was a little chilly but perfectly calm morning.
We started out at the back of the pack. That's Jillian on the left in the pink shoes. In addition to the 5K there was a 3K walk going on also. We lost most of these people at the turn for the second lap around the lake.
Here are the leaders lapping us on our second lap around the lake. At least we got a mile completed before the lapping started.
I always have to take a picture of runners who carry flags even if they are lapping me. I love the patriotism!
My legs were weighing me down from the start line at this race. I think the Thursday evening run probably wasn't a good idea, or maybe I didn't train enough last week. It's hard to know if you did too much or not enough. I knew the time would be slow, but I enjoyed the scenery and conversation with Mary.
After the 10K a couple weeks ago this 5K seemed very easy. It wasn't long until we found two familiar faces near the finish line. Yes, they left us in the dust from the very beginning.
Irv took the camera from me at this point and apparently he wanted a picture of his new shoe.
Here's Mary and I coming across the finish line. I think we were dead last. This was a race hosted by a local running club and it was definitely for serious runners, not walkers who are just out to enjoy the beautiful morning and scenery.
Then it was out to breakfast at one of our favorite diners. All Mr. Beans wanted was a cup of coffee. Is there anything wrong with letting our 13-year old grandson order coffee? If this is the worst thing he wants to try then I think he's doing okay.
We don't have anymore runs scheduled at the moment. My t-shirt collection is becoming vast and I need to find something to do with all of them. I was going to find a race to do on July 4th, but I think we'll just go climb a mountain instead.
Hope y'all had a good weekend too!
Comments
Sorry I haven't been visiting. When I switched to wordpress I lost my blogroll and so I'm reconstructing it on feedly.