Work and Play
We had a weekend that was both fun and exhausting.
Saturday night Irv, Jillian and I headed up to Denver for the Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley concert.
Saturday night Irv, Jillian and I headed up to Denver for the Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley concert.
It was a beautiful evening in Denver at Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre. Before the concert we stopped at Hacienda Colorado for some yummy Mexican food. At the concert Jillian bought me a $9 can of Mike's Hard Lemonade. The beer was $12 and I think their sales were doing quite well because there were a lot of people feeling pretty good around us. There was also a familiar aroma in the air. Being in Colorado where marijuana is legal is kind of odd at times.
Joanna Smith and Randy Houser opened the show.
Then Dierks cam out and did a fantastic job! We really enjoyed him. (Sorry the pictures aren't better--it was too dark.)
Finally, Miranda took the stage. I was so excited to see Miranda. She's one of my favorites and I knew she did a get live show. I have to admit, however, that I was a little disappointed. I expected more "spunk" out of her. She seemed really reserved--maybe she was tired. I still enjoyed her, but Dierks was by far the star of the show.
After getting home after midnight, we got a few hours of sleep and then started our next project. I always have a project in mind, luckily Irv just agrees and does all the heavy work for me.
I decided we needed to add rocks to my two long flowerbeds that run the length of the house. This involves 8 tons of rock.
Here's the before picture.
Step one, lay down the landscaping fabric. Ugh. Not much fun.
We finished about 3/4ths of the front because we ran out of fabric. I dont' have a picture of it, but we (actually Irv) moved the rock into this area. Irv shoveled and I raked to get it into place. I think the two of us are getting too old for these projects. These are the times that I think it would be nice to have a son or two around who would come help.
Even the dogs were out enjoying the day while we worked. This is Cody enjoying the shade under the tree.
And this is my sweet, deaf Keira. They're getting so old.
Hopefully, I'll have "after" pictures in the next few days.
To finish the weekend, Jillian and I jumped back in the car on Sunday evening and drove back to Denver to see Sense and Sensibility the Musical. Yes, I did see it a couple weeks ago, but it was so good and Jillian wanted to see it. I'm not usually the type to go see an evening performance in Denver on a "work" night, but the show was sold out and this was the only time we could get tickets. It was even better the second time because there were so many little things I missed the first time. This musical is great! If it comes to your area I highly recommend it. It was another late night, but luckily I was able to get home and get a few hours of sleep before having to get up and start another week of work.
Comments
Wow, Irv is the man for moving all that rock. Where was Mr. Beans?