New Wheels
So this past weekend I was reminded of how far behind I am with my blogging. There are several stories I've neglected the last few weeks...one of these is Mary's new car.
Mary's old Hyundai had gone about as far as it could go...no heat, doors that wouldn't open, hail damage, etc. She had it for about 10 years and it only had about 60k miles. Much to my surprise, Mary took it upon herself to go out and find a new car.
She fell in love with the Dodge Avenger. Yes, I know it's a Dodge...how could anyone fall in love with a Dodge? The dealer offered Mary a really low amount for her trade-in. I was proud that she told them "no" and came home without the car.
The next day she used the power of craigslist to sell the car herself in a couple hours for twice what the dealership had offered. It amazes me how this girl can get what she wants when she puts her mind to it.
Anyway, that night I took her back to the dealership and she came home with her Avenger. The dealer she bought it from doesn't haggle on the price which I love. There is no worse experience than bartering for a car.
I have to admit that Mary's new "used" car is very cute. Good job daughter, you did a great job (even if it is a Dodge). The bad part is that I fell in love with the purple Charger and can't get it out of my mind--I think the two of us look really good together.
She fell in love with the Dodge Avenger. Yes, I know it's a Dodge...how could anyone fall in love with a Dodge? The dealer offered Mary a really low amount for her trade-in. I was proud that she told them "no" and came home without the car.
The next day she used the power of craigslist to sell the car herself in a couple hours for twice what the dealership had offered. It amazes me how this girl can get what she wants when she puts her mind to it.
Anyway, that night I took her back to the dealership and she came home with her Avenger. The dealer she bought it from doesn't haggle on the price which I love. There is no worse experience than bartering for a car.
I have to admit that Mary's new "used" car is very cute. Good job daughter, you did a great job (even if it is a Dodge). The bad part is that I fell in love with the purple Charger and can't get it out of my mind--I think the two of us look really good together.
Comments
Good for Mary I love how she told the dealer no and sold the car herself.
Done right, haggling can be fun. I never haggle at the dealer. Too much pressure.