I love 3 day weekends!
I love holiday weekends! After going to school for four years and spending so much time studying, I am really loving all this extra time I have. This weekend I did some spring cleaning, spent some time with the world's greatest grandson, cooked Irv some yummy food, did a little gardening, watched Irv ride his really bad horse, saw a couple movies, worked on a quilting project, did a little shopping, and packed care packages for Afghanistan.
Last night Mary, Jillian, and I had a girls night out. (We missed having Dana with us, but she was in Vegas staying out until all hours of the morning.) We started with a pedi and then went to see Gatsby. I picked out a really pretty turquoise nail color. Little did I know that when it dried it was going to be more green than turquoise, but I still like it. Totally out of the box for me.
Today I went shopping for some new work out shoes for boot camp. I've been wanting some of those really light weight shoes. Jillian told me I needed cross trainers, not running shoes. Aren't they adorable? They hardly weigh anything.
Jillian and I stopped by my office to pack up some care packages for Afghanistan. Now I need to find a strong guy at work who will help me haul them to the post office.
Last night Mary, Jillian, and I had a girls night out. (We missed having Dana with us, but she was in Vegas staying out until all hours of the morning.) We started with a pedi and then went to see Gatsby. I picked out a really pretty turquoise nail color. Little did I know that when it dried it was going to be more green than turquoise, but I still like it. Totally out of the box for me.
Today I went shopping for some new work out shoes for boot camp. I've been wanting some of those really light weight shoes. Jillian told me I needed cross trainers, not running shoes. Aren't they adorable? They hardly weigh anything.
Jillian and I stopped by my office to pack up some care packages for Afghanistan. Now I need to find a strong guy at work who will help me haul them to the post office.
I also decided to start a new quilting project. It's just a table runner, I'm not patient enough to attempt a bed-size quilt although I'm getting there. I spent quite some time cutting out all these little squares.
Then I assembled them into small squares...
...and finally into a big square. Now the hard part begins--the hand quilting. I'm making this for the auction at a family reunion at the end of June so I have about a month to get it done.
So tomorrow it's back to work. :( I kind of like staying home and playing.
Comments