The PW's Chicken Enchilada...yummy!

Whew, this resolution to blog everyday during the month of January is wearing me out....but, here's another one.

Who loves the Pioneer Woman as much as I do?  I like everything she does.  She cooks, she has her own TV show, she has a line of dishes and cookware at Wal-Mart, she writes her own cookbooks, she home schools her kids, she's a great photographer, she is a rancher's wife, she blogs, she loves critters especially her basset hound Charlie, she has red hair, etc., etc., etc.

In short, let's just say I'd like to be just like Pioneer Woman.

If you've never tried any of her recipes, you're missing out.

While in Idaho I made my dad a batch of her chicken enchiladas.
 
 
I started by frying up some chicken breasts rubbed with some yummy spices.  When they were done I fried up some onions in the same skillet until they were caramelized.

 
I lightly browned some corn tortillas and then...

 
...rolled them up with cheese, chicken, and onions.

 
Threw then in a casserole dish, smothered them with green chili sauce and more cheese, then baked.
 
I'm sure they were yummy, but unfortunately we didn't get to taste them because they got divided up into individual servings and put into the freezer for my dad.
 
I need to make them for Irv and I...soon.
 
I didn't have my recipe book with me in Idaho, but I found the recipe on the Food Network site.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/chicken-enchiladas.html
 
Try it out--you'll be in chicken enchilada heaven!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Dad will like those!!
polcat24 said…
Oh yeah, They looked and smelled sooo good. I was envious.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!