The best weekend ever
This past weekend was the most amazing weekend every.
Why?
Because I didn't do a dang thing. Irv was working and I didn't leave the house once.
Except...
to go on a 10-mile walk with Mary. It's only two weeks until our half marathon so it was time to get our longest practice run/walk done.
I'm not going to lie, it was miserable. Mainly because I dressed completely wrong. I knew it was going to be a warm Colorado day, but I didn't expect it to be 55 degrees so early in the morning. I had worn my long underwear because I was expecting 20-30 degrees. I got too hot and that made the last few miles miserable.
Afterwards I had planned to go to my painting lessons, but my muscles preferred lunch and a nap so I listened to them.
On Sunday morning I got up early and did some cleaning out in the barn. Then I had another nap. The biggest thing about Sunday was the Broncos game.
I turned the TV on in my art studio and worked on my cardinal while the Broncos played. (It's still got a ways to go, but it's getting there.)
Woohoo! Broncos are in the super bowl! I was hoping my cardinal painting would be good luck for the Arizona Cardinals, but I guess it didn't work.
Anyway, a weekend with nothing to do was the best treat I've had in ages. I usually go at full speed all the time so some rest and relaxation was truly appreciated.
How was your weekend?
Why?
Because I didn't do a dang thing. Irv was working and I didn't leave the house once.
Except...
to go on a 10-mile walk with Mary. It's only two weeks until our half marathon so it was time to get our longest practice run/walk done.
I'm not going to lie, it was miserable. Mainly because I dressed completely wrong. I knew it was going to be a warm Colorado day, but I didn't expect it to be 55 degrees so early in the morning. I had worn my long underwear because I was expecting 20-30 degrees. I got too hot and that made the last few miles miserable.
Afterwards I had planned to go to my painting lessons, but my muscles preferred lunch and a nap so I listened to them.
On Sunday morning I got up early and did some cleaning out in the barn. Then I had another nap. The biggest thing about Sunday was the Broncos game.
I turned the TV on in my art studio and worked on my cardinal while the Broncos played. (It's still got a ways to go, but it's getting there.)
Woohoo! Broncos are in the super bowl! I was hoping my cardinal painting would be good luck for the Arizona Cardinals, but I guess it didn't work.
Anyway, a weekend with nothing to do was the best treat I've had in ages. I usually go at full speed all the time so some rest and relaxation was truly appreciated.
How was your weekend?
Comments