In the Disney Spirit

Sorry, but I have one last post about Disneyland.

 
Dana decided we all needed to have Mickey ears. Mine are pirate ears and Irv chose Merlin ears.  Only at Disney would I walk around all day wearing ears.  It just seems like the natural thing to do when you're at the Magic Kingdom.


The Little Miss didn't get any ears.  She's at the age where she rips everything off her head.  She's so cute though that she doesn't need Mickey ears.  She let Grammy and Pappy take her on the carousel at California Adventure.  As you can see, she had great fun.


The reason we went to Disneyland was because Adam was running in the Star Wars Half Marathon and we wanted to be his cheer squad.  (Actually, I'll take any excuse to go to a Disney park.  Although Disney World is my favorite by far, I'm more than willing to go to Disneyland too.)  It started at 5:30 in the morning and Adam had to be at the starting line at 3:30 a.m.  Yes, in the morning.  Irv, being the good father-in-law that he is, got up early and caught this shot of Adam at about the 3.5 mile mark.  They got to run through Disneyland and California Adventure before hitting the streets of Anaheim.  Yes, it was still dark when they started.


Dana, the Little Miss, and I made it over to the finish line well in time to catch Adam's finish. We purchased tickets to Disney's Cheer Zone so we had a private area to watch the finish line with seats and breakfast provided.  Plus Mickey made an appearance


 The Little Miss was in the Star Wars spirit and dressed up as Princess Leia.  She was so dang cute.  See those Mickey clappers she is holding?  Well, she threw those across the fence and into the middle of the course.  Luckily, a Disney employee came and retrieved them before some elite athlete tripped over them.


 We didn't have to wait long for Adam to show up.  He finished in an amazing 1:45:03.  All I can say is "Wow"!
 
GiGi was really proud of her dada!


 Afterwards we spend the whole day at Disneyland.  G loved It's a Small World.  What impressed me the most was Adam.  After running that race he go another 20,000 steps walking around Disneyland that day.  I don't know how he did it.  I would have been back at the hotel in the hot tub if I were him.  By the way, did you notice Dana's sparkly ears.  Adam had R2D2 ears.

 
It was such a fun trip and the Little Lady did so good.  She is just the happiest, sweetest, most content baby.  I can't wait until she's old enough for the Bippity Boppity Boutique when she's three! 

Comments

polcat24 said…
Had a great time. Adam was impressive with the time he ran in. And as always can't get enough of the Gigi.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!