Essential Oils
A few months ago I was introduced to essential oils by a coworker.
Wow, the things these little bottles of oil can cure. Naturally, without medications.
My biggest complaint is sleep, or to be more specific, the lack of sleep. I can go to sleep okay, but if I happen to wake up in the middle of the night my mind jumps into high speed. I can almost cure all of the world's problems in the middle of the night.
I have a great book that lists just about every type of ailment you can image. It lists which oils can help and gives recipes for mixtures of oils that are effective also. For example, there's a section in the book for athletes and how to improve oxygen intake (something that is important when you live at 6K feet). It suggests adding a couple drops of peppermint to your water to sip before a workout and also rubbing a little frankincense under the nose. I haven't tried this yet, but I will before Mary drags me out for another "long walk" later this week.
I have multiple essential oil diffusers. I have one to keep in the bedroom and one to keep at work. At work I have to be careful not to invade anyone else's airspace, but since I have quite a large office I don't think I irritate anyone too much. I like to diffuse peppermint at work because it builds energy and clears the mind. My dog, Keira, gets a lot of upset tummies and I'll rub a couple drops of peppermint on her abdomen and within minutes she feels better. I put a drop of cinnamon oil in my tea every morning. It helps the memory.
My favorite oil is Lavender. It goes everywhere with me.
Have you tried essential oils? If so, what's your favorite?
Wow, the things these little bottles of oil can cure. Naturally, without medications.
My biggest complaint is sleep, or to be more specific, the lack of sleep. I can go to sleep okay, but if I happen to wake up in the middle of the night my mind jumps into high speed. I can almost cure all of the world's problems in the middle of the night.
Here's my little case with my oil collection. When you buy quality essential oils, they aren't cheap. Therefore, you have to build a collection one bottle at a time. The secret with essential oils is to spend the money and buy a quality product. They need to be cultivated without pesticides and chemicals which could ultimately end up in the cells of your body. They need to potent, pure, and certified therapeutic. You get what you pay for. Keep in mind that you use one to two drops of these oils at a time for a little bottle lasts quite a long time.
Here's some of my favorites: Lavender, Clove Bud, Balance, and Deep Blue. To help with my insomnia I diffuse a mixture of clove bud, lavender, and balance in the bedroom plus I rub a couple drops of Lavender on the soles of my feet and back of my hands. Lavender is also great with headaches, a little on the forehead and back of the neck works for me. Deep Blue by Doterra works well on reducing pain for me. I use a lot of it.
I have a great book that lists just about every type of ailment you can image. It lists which oils can help and gives recipes for mixtures of oils that are effective also. For example, there's a section in the book for athletes and how to improve oxygen intake (something that is important when you live at 6K feet). It suggests adding a couple drops of peppermint to your water to sip before a workout and also rubbing a little frankincense under the nose. I haven't tried this yet, but I will before Mary drags me out for another "long walk" later this week.
I have multiple essential oil diffusers. I have one to keep in the bedroom and one to keep at work. At work I have to be careful not to invade anyone else's airspace, but since I have quite a large office I don't think I irritate anyone too much. I like to diffuse peppermint at work because it builds energy and clears the mind. My dog, Keira, gets a lot of upset tummies and I'll rub a couple drops of peppermint on her abdomen and within minutes she feels better. I put a drop of cinnamon oil in my tea every morning. It helps the memory.
My favorite oil is Lavender. It goes everywhere with me.
Have you tried essential oils? If so, what's your favorite?
Comments