Words to Ponder
Have you ever heard something that really makes you stop and think?
On the OWN channel, Oprah has a new series of interviews--Oprah's Next Chapter. Last week she interviewed Steven Tyler and this week she interviewed the pastor of a mega church in Texas, Joel Osteen.
I wasn't familiar with Pastor Osteen before I watched the interview. He had a lot of good things to say, but one thing that really had a lasting impression on me was something to the effect of "Challenges in life are inevitable, but misery is an option".
That is so incredibly true. In life we have a choice in how we're going to face obstacles. We can either accept them and move on being grateful for the many blessings God has given us, living life abundantly OR we can focus on the negative and be miserable.
Negativity is exhausting.
Joel and his wife, Victoria, have a blog. I think I'll add it to my daily blog reading list.
On another note... I survived the nuclear scan and I'm not even glowing. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. The worst part was when they gave me a massive dose of diuretic through the IV that caused my kidneys to empty IMMEDIATELY and then I had to lay there for 20 more minutes hoping that my bladder wouldn't burst.
Whew! Was I glad when that was over!
It was a very interesting procedure. We'll have to see if Dr. M's diagnosis matches the diagnosis I formed while laying there watching all the images the scanned produced.
Now I have to wait 10 days for the results because that's the first available appointment Dr. M has. They're going to call me if he has a cancellation so keep your fingers crossed that somethings comes up.
I have a fresh refill of Vicodin so I think I can make it 10 more days. :)
On the OWN channel, Oprah has a new series of interviews--Oprah's Next Chapter. Last week she interviewed Steven Tyler and this week she interviewed the pastor of a mega church in Texas, Joel Osteen.
I wasn't familiar with Pastor Osteen before I watched the interview. He had a lot of good things to say, but one thing that really had a lasting impression on me was something to the effect of "Challenges in life are inevitable, but misery is an option".
That is so incredibly true. In life we have a choice in how we're going to face obstacles. We can either accept them and move on being grateful for the many blessings God has given us, living life abundantly OR we can focus on the negative and be miserable.
Negativity is exhausting.
Joel and his wife, Victoria, have a blog. I think I'll add it to my daily blog reading list.
On another note... I survived the nuclear scan and I'm not even glowing. It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. The worst part was when they gave me a massive dose of diuretic through the IV that caused my kidneys to empty IMMEDIATELY and then I had to lay there for 20 more minutes hoping that my bladder wouldn't burst.
Whew! Was I glad when that was over!
It was a very interesting procedure. We'll have to see if Dr. M's diagnosis matches the diagnosis I formed while laying there watching all the images the scanned produced.
Now I have to wait 10 days for the results because that's the first available appointment Dr. M has. They're going to call me if he has a cancellation so keep your fingers crossed that somethings comes up.
I have a fresh refill of Vicodin so I think I can make it 10 more days. :)
Comments
I hope you find out what is wrong soon. 10 days!!