A great movie

Have you heard of the new War Horse movie?

I waited months for this film to be released.  Any movie that stars a horse has to be worth seeing.  Right?

Right!

I saw this movie not once, but twice in a one week period.  I went with my dad, brother, Mary and Mr. Beans the day after Christmas.  The theatre was packed.

It was awesome!

Then Irv wanted to go see it.  Sure!  I'll go again.  And the really sad part is that I cried just as much the second time I saw the film.

Why do I love horses so much? 

That's obvious --I have the horse gene.  Yes, it's genetic.  Mary and especially Jillian have the horse gene, but Dana was passed by.  (I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.)  My dad has the horse gene, but not my brothers.  My nephew, Super Pizza Boy, is turning into quite a horseman,  He has even won a buckle!

So our county extension agent has been working on me lately.  He wants me to start coaching hippology for 4-H again.  Today I gave him a definite "maybe".  It all depends on whether or not the current coach is ready to step down and if I have to give up being superintendent of the state horse bowl contest.

I work full time and I go to school three-fourths time.  Plus right now I'm dealing with an undiagnosable illness that has really knocked me down. When is it that I will have time to coach hippology?  We all know that I don't do things halfway.  If I'm going to coach, we're going to win the national title some day, maybe not this year or next year, but the year after.

"Maybe"

Horses, kids, and 4-H--three of my favorite things.

Right after I told him "maybe" he sent me an invitation to our county's volunteer appreciation event.  I think he heard "yes" instead of "maybe".

I'll let you know how that turns out.

"Maybe"

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
You have been around long enough Ellen to know that in the volunteer world a maybe is a resounding yes.

Sorry I haven't been visiting your blog. I use my blog roll and you didn't show up until today, and I missed a bunch of great posts!!

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!