There's nothing better than the smell of a homemade cookie

I know most people have done their holiday baking by now.

I've been debating with myself whether or not to have a bunch of sweets around the house while everyone is here.  It seems like we're all a little more health conscious than we used to be, and quite often this stuff doesn't get eaten.

Oh well, today I decided we needed to have a little bit of the "good stuff" around.

I found this Hershey Kiss Peanut Butter Blossom recipe on Pintrest.  Very Yummy!









In one of the ag magazines at work I found a recipe for Peppermint Bark and Fudge.

Both were extremely easy to make.









Tomorrow I plan to make some good old-fashioned chocolate chip cookies (everyone's favorite) and I'd like to also try the Salted Caramel Cookie recipe that my friend, Emily, has posted on her blog - Trailerhood Aristocrats.  These look like a really good combination of sweet and salty.

I think that will be all we have this year. 

There will be some candy around the house though.  Vicki is a friend in Wisconsin who makes beautiful glass creations.  She sent me this glass dish this year for Christmas.  Love it!


How do you make glass?  I have no clue.





I also have this really cool Christmas tree dish that she made in years past.

So if I gain a few pounds over the holidays it will all be Vicki's fault since I have to keep her beautiful dishes filled with candy which mysteriously jump into my mouth whenever I walk by. 

(Just kidding--I take full responsibility for my lack of will power.)

What's your favorite Christmas treat?

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Wow, that is all you are having? That's all? You could feed an army Ellen!

I like the salty and sweet stuff the best.

Plus I am the one guy in the world who absolutely loves fruitcake.
Emily said…
I too am just now tackling my Christmas baking! After years of throwing what seems like tons of leftovers out, we're not going to have as much around either.

I hope you enjoy the Salted Caramel Cookies : )

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!