Pin cushion

Way back in July I started having pain in my right side that eventually resulted in having surgery to remove my gall bladder.

I wish that were the end of the story.  Within a couple days of my surgery I knew I was still having the same pain, but I gave myself a couple months to mend.

Unfortunately, the pain is still with me and is about 100 times worse that it was five months ago.  I'm still visiting doctors, being poked and scanned, but they can't find anything.

The pain got so bad on Sunday afternoon that Irv dragged me to the ER.  The lab tech that came in to start my IV chuckled as she told me I was her first patient.

I chuckled too thinking that she was just kidding.  I was distracted by the doctor while she was inserting a needle into my arm, but the whole while I was feeling like blood was dripping down my arm and tinges of pain in my forearm.

When I finally looked over to see what she was doing, she apologized profusely and repeatedly kept saying how sorry she was.  All I could see was blood flowing the wrong way down the IV tube and a huge bruise.

I reassured her and told her it was okay, then she told me she was going to have to poke the other arm because she couldn't get enough blood for the lab tests. 

Okay. No problem.

She was a sweet girl so I don't mind her practicing on me.  I admit that I have veins that are very hard to find, but my goodness, I've never had a bruise like this before.

I was sent home without a diagnosis....just more pain pills that I didn't even bother to stop and fill.  I have a consultation with a doctor on Tuesday.  Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer that they find the cause for my pain.  At this point any diagnosis is better than not knowing.

My girls have stepped up and are going to cook Christmas dinner for me since I'm not quite 100% and Irv has to work on Christmas Day.  I can't even tell you how much that means to me.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Oh wow, I missed this post. Heather told me about it. I hope that you get relief soon.

I used to give blood at work even though I got worse and worse about it. One time they had to call Heather as I almost passed out. Another time, the last time I think, they did what they did to you, the line back flowed and it was incredibly painful.

I'm hoping you get some relief. I'm proud of the nieces for stepping up. They are quite capable young women aren't they? They had a good role model.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!