Rain, rain, rain
Our monsoon season started a couple weeks ago. It has been real nice having daily afternoon showers to break the heat. Today we had the biggest rainstorm yet, two inches in less than half an hour. It was great. Rain in this amount creates other problems though--flash floods.
Colorado Springs experienced a real tragedy this week that was due to a flash flood. A local doctor and his family were camping in the Medicine Bow area of southern Wyoming when they had to evacuate the camp in the wee morning hours because of torrential rainfall. They quickly packed up and left camp. Little did they know that a bridge had washed out on the road they were traveling. They plunged several feet into a creek that had swollen in size due to the heavy rain. Their van was washed downstream. The mom and three little girls drowned. The dad was able to save himself and when he realized he couldn't save his family he came to the aid of another driver who had been washed away in the creek. Both men survived. Sad part is that the camp they evacuated never flooded.
I can't imagine the grief that this man must be feeling. He has to bury his entire family this week. Can you even imagine coming home after experiencing a loss like that? Although I didn't know him, my heart breaks for him.
Stories like this make me realize just how blessed I am. I have a happy, healthy family and I've never experienced a tragic loss. I truly hope this doctor is a man of faith because I don't know how he will survive without God by his side.
Don't let a day go by without telling your loved ones how much they mean to you. Live every day like it might be your last.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10
Colorado Springs experienced a real tragedy this week that was due to a flash flood. A local doctor and his family were camping in the Medicine Bow area of southern Wyoming when they had to evacuate the camp in the wee morning hours because of torrential rainfall. They quickly packed up and left camp. Little did they know that a bridge had washed out on the road they were traveling. They plunged several feet into a creek that had swollen in size due to the heavy rain. Their van was washed downstream. The mom and three little girls drowned. The dad was able to save himself and when he realized he couldn't save his family he came to the aid of another driver who had been washed away in the creek. Both men survived. Sad part is that the camp they evacuated never flooded.
I can't imagine the grief that this man must be feeling. He has to bury his entire family this week. Can you even imagine coming home after experiencing a loss like that? Although I didn't know him, my heart breaks for him.
Stories like this make me realize just how blessed I am. I have a happy, healthy family and I've never experienced a tragic loss. I truly hope this doctor is a man of faith because I don't know how he will survive without God by his side.
Don't let a day go by without telling your loved ones how much they mean to you. Live every day like it might be your last.
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10
Comments
Oh and please send some of your rain to Wild Horse...we need it BAD!