Hanging out with Heidi, Joe, and Craig

Saturday night Irv and I went to the first ever Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo concert.  There were three performers:  Heidi Neufeld (formerly of Trick Pony), Joe Nichols, and Craig Morgan.  It was a general admission concert that started at 6:00 p.m.  Irv had to work until 5:00, but fortunately my friend Debbie got there early and saved us some seats so that we didn't end up in the standing section.

Our monsoon season started last week and we've had rainfall almost every evening.  Saturday was no exception.  It downpoured before the concert and then for a little while during the concert, but then it was a beautiful evening. 


Heidi was really good, she played a couple of her Trick Pony songs plus some other stuff.  She is an AMAZING harmonica player.

Joe Nichols was my favorite.  He has a lot of hits...my favorite is Tequilla Makes Her Clothes Fall Off which he did for an encore.  He puts on a great show and interacts with the audience a lot.  I don't really understand why he hasn't made it bigger than he has.  He is really good and I knew almost all of his songs. 


Craig Morgan came on last.  He was good, but it was 10:00 by then and we were kind of tired.  I appreciate getting my money's worth at a concert, but I don't need hours and hours worth.  We left around 10:30 and got home in time for Irv to get four hours of sleep before going back to work.  What a guy!  He never complains and goes to concerts with me even though he has to get up early the next day.  No wonder I love him so much!
I love to go to concerts just for the people watching.  What is it about concerts that makes people dress the way they do?  Below are "purple halter lady" and "orange boot guy".  They were two of our favorites.  I'm not trying to be mean, but don't these people have mirrors in their homes, or at least friends who aren't afraid to offer a word of advice?  (See what happens when they let me bring my good camera with the telephoto lense into concerts? I hope they aren't random blog readers)




It's rodeo week in Colorado Springs.  Parade tomorrow night followed by rodeo performances through Saturday.  I'm not sure the rodeo will be as fun this year since Irv and the team have retired from Wild Cow Milking.  We'll probably go Friday night just so we can enjoy another beautiful Colorado evening.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
It looks like a very nice concert. Send some rain down our way.

I have the same questions about what people wear. I've seem real strange getups that is for sure.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!