My First Harvest
It has been awhile since I posted an update on my veggie patch. We've been getting rain almost every evening and it has certainly made a huge difference with my veggies. They've been growing like weeds!
Irv took a look deep inside my tomato plants and found several little green tomatoes. How exciting!
I came home from work and took a good look through the zucchinis and summer squash. It won't be long until they appear.
The leaves are as big as my hands. Look at the corn in the background. Some of them are more than knee high.
My pumpkin plant has a ton of blossoms on it. Won't it be exciting if I can grow Mr. Beans a few jack o'lanterns this year?
Look how pretty my lettuce is.
Time for a fresh salad straight from the garden to the table.
My camera did a great job capturing the water droplets as I was washing my fresh radishes and lettuce.
I know for a lot of people it's no big deal to grown your own veggies. The only edible thing I've ever grown before are tomatoes. I think it is so cool to actually grow your own food from tiny little seeds. I can't believe in my 51 years that I've never had a garden before. I have to thank my co-worker, Dave, who has been my mentor during this process. He has taught me everything that needs to be done from planting until harvest. His garden is a couple weeks ahead of mine because he planted his on Mother's Day. I was a little later because of the wedding in May. It won't be long until we have our fill of tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, green beans, cantalope, radishes, and corn. I can't wait!
Irv took a look deep inside my tomato plants and found several little green tomatoes. How exciting!
I came home from work and took a good look through the zucchinis and summer squash. It won't be long until they appear.
The leaves are as big as my hands. Look at the corn in the background. Some of them are more than knee high.
My pumpkin plant has a ton of blossoms on it. Won't it be exciting if I can grow Mr. Beans a few jack o'lanterns this year?
Look how pretty my lettuce is.
Time for a fresh salad straight from the garden to the table.
My camera did a great job capturing the water droplets as I was washing my fresh radishes and lettuce.
I know for a lot of people it's no big deal to grown your own veggies. The only edible thing I've ever grown before are tomatoes. I think it is so cool to actually grow your own food from tiny little seeds. I can't believe in my 51 years that I've never had a garden before. I have to thank my co-worker, Dave, who has been my mentor during this process. He has taught me everything that needs to be done from planting until harvest. His garden is a couple weeks ahead of mine because he planted his on Mother's Day. I was a little later because of the wedding in May. It won't be long until we have our fill of tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash, green beans, cantalope, radishes, and corn. I can't wait!
Comments
Yours looks great : )