Pikes Peak or Bust!

Last Friday we went out to support the Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo.  We try to go to this rodeo every year, it supports the military in our community.  Last year when the guys won the wild cow milking, the rodeo gave $1,000 donation to the charity of the team's choice.  They chose to give it to the family of a 2-year old little girl who was undergoing cancer treatment in Denver.  The family was from Nebraska and needed help with their living expenses while they were staying in Denver.  They had originally wanted it to go to a young co-worker who was also undergoing cancer treatment, but she very unselfishly asked that it go to this little girl instead.

Anyway, Mr. Beans wanted to start the rodeo by riding a bull of his own.  Here he is with his mom waiting for his turn.







What a great smile!  I think he made it to the buzzer before he was thrown off.








Of course there were rodeo queens--The Girl of the West.  I'm very excited because one of my 4-H girls is the new Girl of the the West for next year!







Members of our military were there.  I tell you, rodeo fans are so patriotic.  It touches me to see how they support these young men and women in uniform.






The cavalry brought in the Stars and Stripes.









There were broncs...









and mutton bustin (I love watching the dog work the sheep)...








and the beer guy (that's another story)...









steers, and calves and Trevor Brazile!  He's an eight time all around cowboy champion.  I think it's awesome we got to see him in Colorado Springs. 







There was also a horsemanship demonstration by soldiers that included machine guns and fireworks.  They train near here on packing and riding skills for the mountains of Afghanistan.








It ended with the bull riding.  I think the bulls won most of the time.












I think we all had a good time.  Can't wait for next year!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
It looks like a great time. I miss going to rodeos.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!