Stick to the plan

Mary and I had a plan for the day before the half marathon--healthy eating, no alcohol, no sweets.

Unfortunately we got distracted.  We decided to do a little shopping.  Then we were going to go to this really cool theater in Aurora that has reclining seats and wait service for dinner and a movie.

We got there too late.  Apparently you have to have reservations for that theater.

So we were in this really cool shopping district that had lots of restaurants.  I saw McCabe's Tavern and said I wanted to go there.  Mary said we couldn't go to a tavern without having a beer.  I replied that maybe one beer would be okay and she kind of agreed.

The plan for dinner was a grilled chicken breast with veggies or a salad.


When you're in an Irish tavern though there are lots of choices that sound much better than a grilled chicken breast.  I didn't do too bad with my fish tacos (I didn't eat the fries).  Mary, however, went for the bangers and mash.

It was delicious, but it wasn't the plan.

Next time (if there is a next time) we're sticking to the plan.  In the meantime I want to go back to McCabes and try the bangers and mash or the shephard's pie.

I bet if we had stuck to the plan we would have been so much faster, not that it was about being fast, it was about finishing.  We finished!

Have a good day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!