Field Trip

On Wednesday I got to take a field trip up to our funding bank in Denver.


They recently moved into this brand new building which you may notice on the west side of I-25 as you travel through Greenwood Village.

They have a fountain out front that is timed to music.  I called it a mini Bellagio fountain.  I'm sure it's much better at night.



I went up there to learn how they are becoming a paperless environment.  That's my new goal for my company.  Reduce paper usage, reduce toner consumption, reduce maintenance contracts, reduce shredding costs, etc.  You know, be environmentally responsible.  (Yes, I am a democrat who has actually taken courses in Environment Science and I know Global Warming is a real thing unlike my counterparts who believe it is the democratic party's fantasy.)

I'm gonna do it...you just wait and see.

Now to change subjects...

Today I got another reminder of how I work in a man's world.  I've been in contract negotiations with this company out of Chicago, but I always include my assistance in the conference calls.

Today I was talking with a woman from that company and she says "I assume the IT Manager will make the decision" and then she said "_______, that's you isn't it?". 

No, that's not quite right, woman!  Why do people always assume the man is the top dog?

All I have to say is "Go Hillary, break that glass ceiling for all of us hard working women who have worked years to get where we are!"

Okay, I have one more thing to say.  "Mother's stop raising only your sons to believe they are God's give to humankind.  Give your daughter's that same confidence!"

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Happy day to you!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Whoa, that lady made a major faux pas!! First rule is dont' make assumptions about relative status. You build consensus with everybody and then let the counterparty let you know who is going to do what.

Glad to hear that you believe in global warming. You must be one of those socialists. I can't believe that many of my fellow engineers don't believe in it. Way back in the 70's in my heat transfer classes they talked about how carbon dioxide can trap heat in the atmosphere.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!