Digging out

Last night when we went to bed the wind was howling and the snow was flying.


I know it's not very clear, but this was the view from the front window.


About 5:45 this morning I got a call from my boss.  A two-hour delay.  Irv and I went outside to take a look.  The snow had pretty much stopped, but the wind was still howling.  We had at least a foot of snow everywhere and 3-4 foot drifts.  It was going to take a small miracle to dig the cars out of the garage.  Luckily, my boss called back about 8:15 and said not to bother to come in.  The streets weren't plowed and the parking lot was drifted over.  She ended up closing the office for the day.

I took calls and answered emails most of the day for work, but by late afternoon Irv and I headed outside to start making a path to the road.



We had quite a bit of snow to move.  We didn't bother trying to dig the cars out of the garage.  I'm just going to drive the truck tomorrow and Irv is going to dig the other two vehicles out.  We're keeping our fingers crossed that our neighbor will take pity and bring his Bobcat over to help dig us out.

 
We got it done good enough to get out.  Luckily, the snowplow came down and cleared the road.  No excuses for staying home tomorrow although the city streets are still snow packed and icy.
 
 
My fingers and toes nearly froze.  Tonight it's supposed to get down below zero.  My favorite spot is right here in front of this fire.

Snowpacolypse 2016 is in the history books.  Thank goodness!  Irv and I actually started a conversation today about buying a snow blower to be prepared for future blizzards.  But then again, there's no use for a snow blower in Phoenix, is there?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!