A little of this and a little of that
Snow.
Fog.
Freezing drizzle.
Cold.
We seem to have a theme going on in this part of the country. Tomorrow, however, the sun is forecast to shine. Woohoo!
Our life has been crazy as usual the last few days. Here's some of the highlights.
Last Friday I got to take the day off to go tabulate for the 4-H National Western Roundup horse judging contest. I've done this for the last couple years as a volunteer. This year I became a member of the paid staff!
I got to spend a little time over at the Coliseum where the contest takes place. Gosh, do I miss the days of traveling with the team to judging contests across the country.
After the contest it took us 3 hours to drive home from Denver--more of that snow and fog.
On Saturday I got to do my favorite thing of the week--my painting lesson. Here's the current state of my coyote.
Please keep in mind that I have about 473 1/2 more layers to put on which will take approximately 3.2 months.
Then Sunday rolled around and it was time for my Broncos to take care of the Colts and move to the next round of the playoffs. The Broncos had a tough day, but that's okay. I will always love them.
After the game my dog, Cody, decided to make friends with a skunk and was able to get into the house before it was noticed. If you've never had the smell of a skunk in your house, you can't quite image what we've been through the last couple days.
That's okay. I love him even if he is stinky and he made my house stinky. (Might be best if you don't stop by for a few days.)
Then yesterday the very unexpected news.
Really Mr. Elway? What more could you have expected this man to have done for the Broncos in such a short amount of time? I do NOT agree with your decision.
Monday morning we had more of this to deal with.
Is it almost summer?
On Monday we had to get up early and drive through six inches of show to a surgery center. I had a Medial Branch Nerve Block. Yes, this is another step in trying to control the pain that I've been experiencing for the last 3 1/2 years. I had given up hope, but my doctor convinced me to go see a neurologist who ordered a MRI of my spine. The MRI showed that I have some arthritis in the lumbar region of my spine along with stenosis. She referred me to a pain management doc who really thinks this could be causing my pain (of course, almost all of them think they have the found the cause).
So yesterday we did a test to see if numbing the nerves at the L3 and L4 region of the spine could relieve the pain. This was done by inserting needles into four places in my spine and then injecting an anesthetic that interrupts pain signals between the nerves and the brain for about six hours. Well, all I'm going to say is that the procedure was quick, but painful and I can't really say if my pain was better or not afterwards. Maybe...but maybe not. I'm just not sure. All I know for sure is that I had a reaction to the adhesive on the plastic film that they stuck on my back.
(Please forgive me for posting a picture of my back, but I need you to understand that my skin is now driving me crazy.) Itchy, itchy, itchy! It's a good thing I have a full bottle of Benadryl. Once my doctor and I review the results I'll know if I'm a candidate for medial branch radiofrequency neurotomy. More on that later when, and if, it ever happens.
Today I went back to work and decided to conduct an experiment. I gave Irv a Fitbit for Christmas since we're a 100% Fitbit family. The only problem is that he gets over 10K steps every day without ever getting on a treadmill or walking around the perimeter of the pasture, etc.
So today I wore both mine and his Fitbit on my left arm. Strange don't you think that my Fitbit (left) hasn't even reached 10K steps yet while his has over 11.5K steps? Not fair. By the way Irv, you're welcome for steps that I got for you today.
After work I had an incredible surprise. Irv cooked beef stroganoff all by himself
Wow! It was delicious and am I ever impressed. I thought men could only cook things that came out of a jar.
I am so blessed!
Fog.
Freezing drizzle.
Cold.
We seem to have a theme going on in this part of the country. Tomorrow, however, the sun is forecast to shine. Woohoo!
Our life has been crazy as usual the last few days. Here's some of the highlights.
Last Friday I got to take the day off to go tabulate for the 4-H National Western Roundup horse judging contest. I've done this for the last couple years as a volunteer. This year I became a member of the paid staff!
I got to spend a little time over at the Coliseum where the contest takes place. Gosh, do I miss the days of traveling with the team to judging contests across the country.
After the contest it took us 3 hours to drive home from Denver--more of that snow and fog.
On Saturday I got to do my favorite thing of the week--my painting lesson. Here's the current state of my coyote.
Please keep in mind that I have about 473 1/2 more layers to put on which will take approximately 3.2 months.
Then Sunday rolled around and it was time for my Broncos to take care of the Colts and move to the next round of the playoffs. The Broncos had a tough day, but that's okay. I will always love them.
After the game my dog, Cody, decided to make friends with a skunk and was able to get into the house before it was noticed. If you've never had the smell of a skunk in your house, you can't quite image what we've been through the last couple days.
That's okay. I love him even if he is stinky and he made my house stinky. (Might be best if you don't stop by for a few days.)
Then yesterday the very unexpected news.
Really Mr. Elway? What more could you have expected this man to have done for the Broncos in such a short amount of time? I do NOT agree with your decision.
Monday morning we had more of this to deal with.
Is it almost summer?
On Monday we had to get up early and drive through six inches of show to a surgery center. I had a Medial Branch Nerve Block. Yes, this is another step in trying to control the pain that I've been experiencing for the last 3 1/2 years. I had given up hope, but my doctor convinced me to go see a neurologist who ordered a MRI of my spine. The MRI showed that I have some arthritis in the lumbar region of my spine along with stenosis. She referred me to a pain management doc who really thinks this could be causing my pain (of course, almost all of them think they have the found the cause).
So yesterday we did a test to see if numbing the nerves at the L3 and L4 region of the spine could relieve the pain. This was done by inserting needles into four places in my spine and then injecting an anesthetic that interrupts pain signals between the nerves and the brain for about six hours. Well, all I'm going to say is that the procedure was quick, but painful and I can't really say if my pain was better or not afterwards. Maybe...but maybe not. I'm just not sure. All I know for sure is that I had a reaction to the adhesive on the plastic film that they stuck on my back.
(Please forgive me for posting a picture of my back, but I need you to understand that my skin is now driving me crazy.) Itchy, itchy, itchy! It's a good thing I have a full bottle of Benadryl. Once my doctor and I review the results I'll know if I'm a candidate for medial branch radiofrequency neurotomy. More on that later when, and if, it ever happens.
Today I went back to work and decided to conduct an experiment. I gave Irv a Fitbit for Christmas since we're a 100% Fitbit family. The only problem is that he gets over 10K steps every day without ever getting on a treadmill or walking around the perimeter of the pasture, etc.
So today I wore both mine and his Fitbit on my left arm. Strange don't you think that my Fitbit (left) hasn't even reached 10K steps yet while his has over 11.5K steps? Not fair. By the way Irv, you're welcome for steps that I got for you today.
After work I had an incredible surprise. Irv cooked beef stroganoff all by himself
Wow! It was delicious and am I ever impressed. I thought men could only cook things that came out of a jar.
I am so blessed!




Comments