Skywatch Friday: Frozen tundra

It's been cold in Colorado this winter.  Lots of snow, wind, ice, and bone-chilling cold.

I was so excited yesterday because the sun was supposed to come out and the high was going to be in the 30s.  Woohoo!

In town, where I work, the streets were thawing and when it hit 31 degrees I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

Then I drove home.  Apparently the plains east of town where I live were still enshrouded in the clouds and fog because it was still the frozen tundra out there.


Icicles hanging from the garage with a magnificent Colorado sunset in the background.

Happy Skywatch Friday!

Comments

From The Heart said…
Beautiful! It has been cold,cloudy and gloomy in NC too!
Arija said…
Nice for me to have a personal weather report for Denver since my Brother-in-law and family live there. It makes the world a smaller place. Working in one place and living in another really makes you feel the difference in the micro climate of each.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Those are some Colorado class icicles you have there Sister.
Some big, mean looking icicles! Pretty sky, though!!
Lea said…
Interesting image!
Happy Sky Watch Friday!
Anonymous said…
That's so lovely!
fredamans said…
Those are some wicked icicles! We have no snow, really, but the temps have been in the -20's C for the last week or so. Brr.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!