On pins and needles
This little white capsule has had an amazing effect on my life for the last several months. I didn't realize just how much until a couple weeks ago when I had to stop taking it.
Lyrica has done an amazing job of controlling the pain I've experienced for 3 1/2 years. I saw a pain specialist a few weeks ago who wanted to do some testing on the nerves in my spine and he needed me to be in "maximum" pain so I stopped the Lyrica.
All I will say is that the past two weeks have been almost unbearable made even worse by swinging a golf club and participating in a 10K last weekend. I can't sit, I can't stand, and I especially can't lay down without substantial pain. I really don't know how I tolerated that pain for as long as I did and I really don't know how I manage to get up and go to work day after day. Lyrica has really been a Godsend.
According to the medial branch nerve block I had done two weeks ago, my doctor believes my pain was reduced by enough to go ahead with a Radiofrequency Ablation this morning.
Basically they're going to stick needles into the L3 and L4 section of my spine to find the nerves that are causing me problems then they're going to heat the needles up and "kill" the nerves. If successful the pain will be gone for 9 months to a year when the nerves regenerate. Then we can do it all again. Eventually the nerves will stop regenerating and I'll be as good as new!
Do you think they'd let Irv come in and take photos for my blog?
Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer that this procedure works. It's the very last thing I'm going to try. If it doesn't work I'll probably be on Lyrica for the rest of my life which is okay because it does help tremendously.
I'm a little nervous.
I'll let you know...
Lyrica has done an amazing job of controlling the pain I've experienced for 3 1/2 years. I saw a pain specialist a few weeks ago who wanted to do some testing on the nerves in my spine and he needed me to be in "maximum" pain so I stopped the Lyrica.
All I will say is that the past two weeks have been almost unbearable made even worse by swinging a golf club and participating in a 10K last weekend. I can't sit, I can't stand, and I especially can't lay down without substantial pain. I really don't know how I tolerated that pain for as long as I did and I really don't know how I manage to get up and go to work day after day. Lyrica has really been a Godsend.
According to the medial branch nerve block I had done two weeks ago, my doctor believes my pain was reduced by enough to go ahead with a Radiofrequency Ablation this morning.
Basically they're going to stick needles into the L3 and L4 section of my spine to find the nerves that are causing me problems then they're going to heat the needles up and "kill" the nerves. If successful the pain will be gone for 9 months to a year when the nerves regenerate. Then we can do it all again. Eventually the nerves will stop regenerating and I'll be as good as new!
Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer that this procedure works. It's the very last thing I'm going to try. If it doesn't work I'll probably be on Lyrica for the rest of my life which is okay because it does help tremendously.
I'm a little nervous.
I'll let you know...


Comments