Skywatch Friday: Orange Crush

Life has been a little boring lately and I literally cannot think of anything "fantastic" to blog about.  I think it's because winter has officially arrived.

I pretty much hibernate in winter.  I go from the house to the car to my office and back again.  I DO NOT want to spend any excess time outside when it's bone chilling cold.  We haven't even gone to get groceries in several weeks.

And it has been bone chilling cold.  I'm talking temps well below zero, snow, and wind.  But we do live in beautiful Colorado so I'm not going to complain too much...I'm just going to hibernate under the covers, next to my heater with my dogs and kitten (and Irv of course).

A couple days ago I did have to pause on my way to the car in the morning to appreciate the amazing sunrise.  Obviously God was sending a message....

United in Orange!


Who else could be God's favorite NFL team when he sends messages like this?  It's definitely not the Cowboys or the Packer or the Colts. It's Orange and Blue all the way!


The wolf moon as amazing next to Pikes Peak (I just learned what a wolf moon is from my brother's blog--Yogi's Den).


The view in the rear view mirror was quite impressive too.

Of course this was all before the latest round of freezing fog, snow, and wind.

 (This photo was from last year, but it also applies this year. Go Broncos!)

Happy United in Orange Week and Skwatch Friday!

Comments

Jim said…
Great colours in those skies.
The mirror shot is fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Somber Desert Sky
maryaustria said…
These are amazing shots! Love the reflection!
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Great shots, that one of the moon against Pike's Peak is amazing.

I love watching Denver play except on defense where they need a little help.

Dallas has a tall order against Green Bay this weekend but I would love to see a Dallas Denver Super Bowl.
Happy New Year! I love those skies in Colorado. Jeepers it is 6 above here in Illinois and I thought that was colder than cold. You have us beat for sure with the cold factor.
We are hoping Peyton wins. Our fingers and toes are crossed.
JM, Illinois

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!