What to do?
Well, it's April 17th and it's still snowing and the wind is still blowing. 13 degrees for the low tonight. The only good thing about this weather is that my boss insists I go home early just in case the roads are bad.
I should be thinking about planting my veggie garden in a couple weeks, but that seems unlikely at this point.
Now I'm going to complain about my pain again. Sorry.
I've had a rough few days. I thought if I could just make it until my surgery on May 6th that all would be good, but today I had to call my favorite doc, Dr. M. I've had a familiar pain the last few days...could I have a kidney stone now? Dr. M told his nurse to send me straight over to have a CT scan and then come see him. Of course there's an insurance approval that has to occur so it's not that easy, hopefully tomorrow I can get in for the scan. Then I go see Dr. M next Wednesday...that's seven days from now, but I had to wait until then because we have plans for this weekend and the first part of next week. If you've ever had a kidney stone then you know that seven minutes, much less seven days, is an eternity. Perhaps a trip to the ER instead would make this process go faster.
Now I have a dilemma. We're supposed to go to Albuquerque this weekend. I have a meeting to go to next week with other IT folks from the district and we were going early to hang out with the family for a couple days. Of course there's the stop for some out of this world Mexican food in Santa Fe on the way down. I've been looking forward to this trip, but now I'm not so sure. Do I even dare attempt this trip? Do I dare being so far away from Dr. M? Do I dare miss out on some really good green chili? Do I dare disappoint my husband by telling him I can't make the trip to see his family?

Next week should be a very exciting time in my life--it's my last week of school! Somehow between now and next week I need to write a 10-page proposal for implementing a SQL Server solution for a fictitious company. Sounds interesting don't you think? Needless to say, I have senioritis really bad and have very little interest in completing this project. Being gone for the weekend, not feeling well, and being doped up on opiates isn't helping the situation. It will all get done, I'm sure of it and I will end my time at CSU strong. Afterall, 10 pages is a really short paper compared to some of the other final projects I've completed.
I just have to keep reminding myself that I can do ALL things through HIM that strengthens me.
Wish me luck!
I should be thinking about planting my veggie garden in a couple weeks, but that seems unlikely at this point.
Now I'm going to complain about my pain again. Sorry.
I've had a rough few days. I thought if I could just make it until my surgery on May 6th that all would be good, but today I had to call my favorite doc, Dr. M. I've had a familiar pain the last few days...could I have a kidney stone now? Dr. M told his nurse to send me straight over to have a CT scan and then come see him. Of course there's an insurance approval that has to occur so it's not that easy, hopefully tomorrow I can get in for the scan. Then I go see Dr. M next Wednesday...that's seven days from now, but I had to wait until then because we have plans for this weekend and the first part of next week. If you've ever had a kidney stone then you know that seven minutes, much less seven days, is an eternity. Perhaps a trip to the ER instead would make this process go faster.
Now I have a dilemma. We're supposed to go to Albuquerque this weekend. I have a meeting to go to next week with other IT folks from the district and we were going early to hang out with the family for a couple days. Of course there's the stop for some out of this world Mexican food in Santa Fe on the way down. I've been looking forward to this trip, but now I'm not so sure. Do I even dare attempt this trip? Do I dare being so far away from Dr. M? Do I dare miss out on some really good green chili? Do I dare disappoint my husband by telling him I can't make the trip to see his family?
Next week should be a very exciting time in my life--it's my last week of school! Somehow between now and next week I need to write a 10-page proposal for implementing a SQL Server solution for a fictitious company. Sounds interesting don't you think? Needless to say, I have senioritis really bad and have very little interest in completing this project. Being gone for the weekend, not feeling well, and being doped up on opiates isn't helping the situation. It will all get done, I'm sure of it and I will end my time at CSU strong. Afterall, 10 pages is a really short paper compared to some of the other final projects I've completed.
I just have to keep reminding myself that I can do ALL things through HIM that strengthens me.
Wish me luck!

Comments