Vegas!

Last weekend Irv and I made a very quick trip to Vegas for a performance of the NFR.


We stayed at the MGM Grand for the first time and I think this might be my new favorite place to stay in Vegas.  The rooms were very plush.








While playing the slots not long after we arrived, a flurry of people rushed by along with a bunch of cameras.  This guy stopped next to us and Irv said "don't you recognize him?".  It was Mike Tyson.  People were swarming all around him trying to get pictures.  He was very nice about it.






Apparently there was some big fight going on at the MGM that Saturday night.  Even the key cards for our room was advertising the fight.  I don't know anything about boxing so I have no clue who either Pacquiao or Marquez are.  Mary is a boxing fan so I texted her to find out some information about these guys.  She assured me that it was going to be no contest--Pacquiao would definitely win.  Well, apparently she was wrong.  Marquez knocked Pacquiao out at some point in the fight.






Our first night there we met up with some friends who were also in town.  We wanted to go to a show together.  We were hoping to go to The Beatles Cirque du Soleil, but they are apparently on vacation in December.  We ended up going to see Menopause the Musical, I was surprised the guys agreed to this, but they did.  Being a 50+ year old woman, I thought the show was hysterical.  I haven't laughed that hard in ages. 


Afterward we headed over to the Tropicana to make some big bucks.  After several hours of playing the penny machines, I hit it big.  Since I had made an initial invest of $40, I was more than happy to call it quit for the night when I won my money back plus a little extra.






On Saturday we slept in late, went to breakfast, and then headed out to Cowboy Christmas.  Since we really had only one day in Vegas, I told Irv we were only going to one of the convention centers that hosts Cowboy Christmas.  It was fun browsing, didn't buy much.  I did find a turquoise necklace and a coral necklace that I'm pretty excited about.



Saturday night we had tickets to the third performance of the NFR.  The Thomas and Mack Center is always a hub of excitement for these 10 days in December.








Even the nosebleed seats have a great view.










We got up at the crack of dawn to head back to the airport.  Winter arrived in Colorado while we were gone.  Our arrival in Colorado Springs was greeted with snow and a -5 degree windchill.  Brrr!


It was a fun weekend with my sweetie!  Can't wait to do it again next year.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Wow, great trip!! The hotel looks great. The musical sounds like fun also.

Sorry about the snow.

Here I can't figure out if it is December or September. We've run the ceiling fan in the bedroom the last two nights.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!