A great week

Boy, we did we do a lot of traveling last week.

On Monday, we drove down to Albuquerque so that I could attend a training for work and Irv could hang out with his folks. 

We got up bright and early so that we would arrive in Santa Fe around lunch time.  You see, I grew up on the New Mexican flavor of Mexican food.  The Mexican food in Colorado is good, but it's more Tex-Mex than authentic Mexican.

We found a little hole in the wall restaurant not far off the plaza in Santa Fe.  It is called The Shed and it is fantastic. 





There's nothing like some enchiladas, posole, and pinto beans!











After lunch we headed down to Albuquerque, checked into our hotel then went over to Irv's parent's house.  On the way we drove by our old high school.  How disconcerting it is to see that they've torn down your old school and replaced it with a three story monstrosity.  When they tear down the school that you graduated from 30+ years ago, that's when you know you're getting really old.











We had a great few days with Irv's family.  On Monday night we all got together for a pizza and beer dinner which was great.  It's time like these that I really wish we lived closer to family.












Since I don't have any sisters of my own, these ladies fill that spot in my life along with Irv's mom who is my second mom.  I love hanging out with them and I miss them already.







Irv decorated the outside of his parent's house to make it look festive for the holidays.  I'm glad they get to have some outside decorations since we're being kind of bah-humbugish this year.








Of course no trip to Albuquerque would be complete without a drive by the house I grew up in.  The house is looking fantastic and was beautifully decorated for the holidays.









On Thursday I skipped out of my training a little early and we drove home.  After a short night of sleep we got up early and flew to Vegas for the NFR.  More on that will be coming soon!





Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Wow, that plate a food almost caused me to book a flight. We don't get anything like that at all.

Old Del Norte torn down. Hey, its the new school. We are getting old sis.

Thanks for the pic of the old house. Brings back lots of memories.
Anonymous said…
�Add to your benefits a quick navigation to definitions of database objects and rich options for code formattingtwitter-inner-ditto233754001693343746 divditto86527772301869057{background: #131516 url(http://a2Each error requires a different solutionmetadata span SteelCrystal covers have a clear front and back cover with a steel spine[3]  Yustman graduated from Woodcrest Christian High School in Riverside#file_links[D:\NFL\UBB.txt,1,L] California
is… Racers want to go fast with little friction Staples Rain yesterday5

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!