A new toy for the kitchen!

I had a tremendously fun Sunday!  Irv and I went to church and afterwards he talked me into making a trip to Sears.

You see, I've been wanting a Kitchenaid mixer for quite some time.  They're kind of expensive and maybe somewhat of a luxury so I've managed to do without one for all these years.  This year, however, I received some cash and gift cards for Christmas.  Sears was having a great sale on them so off we went to get one.


I planned to get the Standard 4.5 quart model.  The problem was that it was sitting next to the 6 qt. Pro model.  I'm sure I could have gotten by with the Standard model, put the Pro model was calling my name.  It cost twice as much as the Standard model so I couldn't really  justify it.

Unbeknownst to me, Kenmore has started making it's own version of the Kitchenaid mixer.  They had a comparable model to the Pro except it had 600 watts instead of 325 plus 10 speed settings all for $150 less.  It takes all the Kitchenaid accessories too.

After talking with the sales lady, we decided the Kenmore version was a good option.  With all my gift cards and cash, I only had to pay a few of my own dollars to bring it home!

What better way to try it out than with a Prepared Pantry Monkey Bread mix?



I see a lot of good baked stuff in Irv's future--next year at this time we'll be even fatter.  Just wait until zucchini season.  Once I get the shredder attachment, zucchini bread will be much easier to make.

Thanks to Dad and Irv's mom and dad for providing the majority of funds for my new toy.  I love it!  Merry Christmas to me!

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Gotta love Sears, sounds like you got a great deal.

Sounds like a present for Irv more than you!
polcat24 said…
Taste like she got a good deal. Hmmmm Hmmmm Good.
Dana of Oz said…
I haven't used mine yet! You'll have to share some recipes.

Popular posts from this blog

Skywatch Friday: A little close for comfort

Skywatch Friday: Upper and Lower Falls

Skywatch Friday: Wild Horses!