An Idaho Christmas
We had a wonderful few days in Idaho to celebrate Christmas. I did a really bad job of photographing our visit. I didn't pick up my nice Nikon at all, just the point and shot Nikon that I bought the day after Christmas. Fortunately, Dana shared her pictures with me.
We arrived at my Dad's place on Saturday evening and immediately put up his tree and got the place ready for Christmas.
On Christmas Eve, we visited the local museum where my dad has volunteered for years. They had a beautiful display of Christmas trees, nativities from around the world, and gingerbread houses. (My brother taught me how to make a picture collage with ipiccy.com. Pretty cool don't you think?)
On Christmas we opened our gifts, drank champagne, had a few naps, played Dance Central on Mr. Bean's new XBox, ate a lot, and had a game of cricket.
Yes, I said cricket. Irv and I got Adam a beach cricket set so of course we had to try it out in the snow. I never knew anything about cricket, but now I know the pitcher is called the bowler, a match can last for days, and they even stop for lunch and tea breaks. (End of the collages for today, I promise.) Since our family now includes an Aussie who cannot legally leave the country, we hoped to make Adam feel welcome at Christmas. I know he missed his family who were home in Brisbane celebrating Christmas with a seafood fest and swimming in their pool.
Our family is running short on "little ones". It was all about this sweet little boy, but it won't be long until he doesn't like any of us anymore when he hits those fun teenage years.
We may not have a big family, but we are a family that enjoys being together. We missed Jillian and Brian, my brother and his family in Tulsa, and the Albuquerque Polyards. We are such a spread out family that it's impossible to all be together at the same time.


Comments
I love the beach cricket in the snow thing you guys had going on.
And isn't ipiccy the bomb? Great collages.
I miss being with you guys at Christmas.