Another opinion
Pain. A constant part of my life for the past 17 months.
A referral to a new doctor this week. I was referred for an Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. It's time to take a good look at the pancreas and liver. The only problem is that this procedure is invasive and results in pancreatitis in a large number of patients. Apparently pancreatitis is extremely painful and usually requires a 3-4 day hospital stay.
We're starting with a non-invasive Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography (MRCP). I'm sure our insurance company loves paying for all these tests. It's scheduled for January 4th. For now, I have to make it through Christmas and year-end at work.
The problem is that my pain level has really shot up the last couple days, almost feels like a kidney stone. Maybe it is a kidney stone. Who knows? Tomorrow we're driving up to Idaho. I keep telling myself there are good hospitals between here and there, if I need one, although they are few and far between.
I hope the girls and Irv are up to lending a hand with all the cooking at my dad's house. I'm pulling out the good drugs for this trip and hoping January 4th gets here really quick.
I've not had a MRI before. I hear it's really loud and claustrophobic. I'm not claustrophobic so I don't think that will bother me. Anyone have any advice on what I can expect during a MRI?
A referral to a new doctor this week. I was referred for an Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. It's time to take a good look at the pancreas and liver. The only problem is that this procedure is invasive and results in pancreatitis in a large number of patients. Apparently pancreatitis is extremely painful and usually requires a 3-4 day hospital stay.
We're starting with a non-invasive Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography (MRCP). I'm sure our insurance company loves paying for all these tests. It's scheduled for January 4th. For now, I have to make it through Christmas and year-end at work.
The problem is that my pain level has really shot up the last couple days, almost feels like a kidney stone. Maybe it is a kidney stone. Who knows? Tomorrow we're driving up to Idaho. I keep telling myself there are good hospitals between here and there, if I need one, although they are few and far between.
I hope the girls and Irv are up to lending a hand with all the cooking at my dad's house. I'm pulling out the good drugs for this trip and hoping January 4th gets here really quick.
I've not had a MRI before. I hear it's really loud and claustrophobic. I'm not claustrophobic so I don't think that will bother me. Anyone have any advice on what I can expect during a MRI?
Comments